4

If it's anyone's birthday,
then happy birthday..
If not, then uh...
Have a good day.. Or night..

Three hours have pass. We spent the three hours doing nothing. Nate spent it resting.. Which was good. I sat there worried about Steph.. Why would they take Morgan and Stephanie? Who are they? Why are they after Nate? Why did they attack him? So many questions ran through my mind..

I slowly got out of the Uber, as did Nate. After doing nothing for three hours, we decided to head over to Nate's apartments. His side of L.A was cold and dark looking.. Burbank looked like it went through hell.

Nate slowly walked to my side, looking up at his building. "Well. I mean, it can't hurt to look," he sighed looking up at the top floor which was his house. After a second of silence we made our way to the top floor. Stopping in the hallway, I noticed Nate's front door was open... Weird... Nate slowly walked into his house, looking around at his empty home.. "Brett?" He called out.

I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I have always loved Nate's house. Stephanie and I are Jealous of the house Nate and Morgan live in.

"Brett?!" he called out again.. "Brett. It's Nate."

Nothing.. It's silent.

"He's not here." Nate sighed tossing, his blood stained and torn flannel onto his couch.

"Now what?" I ask.

Nate picked up his car keys from the ledge, looking at me. "I dunno, but we can't stay here.."

---

It was now dark. We managed to drive out of Burbank, into Lancaster then past Glendale. It was 9:00 pm by the time Nate got us to where we were supposed to be going. Nate didn't tell me where we were going.

He parked the Infinity in some sandy clearing, shutting the car down.

"Where is this?" I ask.

He got out of the car, looking up. "I don't know." He openingly admitted. "I had this feeling to drive here.. I feel like there's a lead here."

"Why?" I ask quietly.

He only shook his head, lowering his glasses. "I honestly have no idea."

"What will we find here?" I ask him as he removed his glasses from his face cleaning them with his shirt. "The girls?"

"No." He mumbled. "Something or someone told me to come here.. I just hope it works."

Walking to the door of this abandoned building, I watch Nate walk up to the door. "Move." I tell him, gently shoving him out of the way, pulling the door. It didn't open. I kept pulling it. "Nate it won't open." I tell him as he walked up to the door, looking at it. With a sigh, he leaned against the door with his back.

"Oh Shit!" I heard him yell as he fell back, when the door opened from him leaning on it.

"Well..." I start helping him up. He stood up rubbing his head, as he moved his fluffed up bangs away from his eyes. "It opened.." I add.

"No kidding." he added looking around.

"So..." I start. "Now what?"

"Let's look around." He suggested, taking out his flashlight, walking down the first hallway he spotted. I just silently followed him.

The building was in shambles. Broken walls and windows were everywhere. Broken glass scattered every. I made myself jump, as some glass broke under Nate's step.

"Nate?" I ask. 

"Hmm?" he turned around.

"I don't really know about this.." I sigh walking up to his side.

"I mean... I'm not sure, but if we find at least if there's something here, maybe we can--" he was cut off when I heard a loud banging noise and he dropped unconscious. All I saw was a shovel swing from the darkness whacking Nate in the head.

"Nate?" I kneel down, lifting his arm only to let go of it, letting it drop limp. I then hear footsteps. Standing up, and taking a step  back, I notice a black hooded figure looming over Nate's unconscious body.