26

MATTHEW

"Could it be a Cult?" I ask Morgan cautiously.

"Why would Nate join a Cult?" Brett asked. "Can we be serious here?"

"He unwillingly joined this, though." Morgan answered quietly before she looked away.

"Well, we know where to look right?" Phoebe asked.

"Not exactly." I say.

"Huh?"

"Nate's not himself." Morgan added. "It makes me think of some things.."

"Like what?" My wife asked.

"He could've been where I thought he was, but something is telling me he's not there, so searching in that area would be pointless." Morgan explained looking down for a moment.

I saw her look at her shoes then look up.

"So..." Stephanie blinked looking at the young women with short brown hair.

Morgan looked up as if she remembered she was talking. "What if he's held against his will? Like bait?" She asked.

"Bait?" I ask.

"Like how I was the bait to lure Nate into this trap and Stephanie to bait to lure you to persuade Nate to find us." She explained.

"He's going to keep Nate alive for so long then when he gets what he wants, he'll end him. He Will have no use for Nate anymore."

I see Phoebe look over as she watched someone walk down the street.

"So, he'll kill him?" She asked. "That's what I'm assuming."

"Then we need a plan!" Brett started.

"Woah, I don't even of so know if I'm right about that!" Morgan narrowed her blue eyes before whipping around to face me.

"Sorry!" I say, even though I never said anything to her and I'm assuming she thinks it was me.

Morgan is the second person out of my friends I'm too scared to correct. The first being Nate... He scares me.

"But Matthew's right, we do need a plan!" Morgan added.

"Matthew?" Phoebe asked.

"Morgan, I was the one who suggested that!" Brett told her making her look over.

"Did I say Matthew?" She asked us.

"Yes." I answer her calmly.

"Oh, whoops. Sorry, Matt." She looked over.

"Don't worry about it." I say to her then look around.

"Phoebe, what are you looking at?" Brett asked his wife calmly as he caught her staring again.

"Hmm?" She asked.

"What are you looking at, Phebbles?" Morgan asked her.

"Oh, nothing. I saw someone over there, and they looked familiar."

"Was it Nate?!" Morgan jumped up almost jumping out of her skin.

Phoebe looked at Morgan almost shocked then shook her head calmly. "No, they had brown hair... Not black. Sorry.

The group went silent for a moment and I spent some time thinking.

Nate's being used as bait. For who... For me? It has to be.. I'm the only one he hasn't laid his hands on.

Everyone else here, he's played a game with.

He's got Nate believing Morgan is dead, and thinking that Brett is dead. Now, he's holding Nate as bait for us to go there, but he's only going to kill Nate as soon as we find him.

Or that is what Morgan thinks.

Though for some reason, I believe Morgan.

Nate Smith is now Bait to lure us to our death and something tells me Nate will be the first to go.

But something else tells me, I'm wrong.

There's only one way to find out.

"Guys," I say silently.

Morgan turned to me and shortly after Stephanie and the others looked to me.

"I have a Theory!"