Chapter 4

It is not easy to walk down a busy street while you are bleeding out. It is even less easy to keep a calm demeanor and stay upright while walking down that busy street. I could not tell you how many people looked at me twice. It could have been because of who I am and they are a bunch of racist individuals, or I could really look like crap right now.. In all honesty I would rather them be racist. It is very disappointing but I can't take someone getting curious, or worse, I can't take the risk of getting noticed by a cop.

This is all too familiar for my liking. All of this.

When I got away from Raphael the first time I knew that I could not go back to Mossad, not with them thinking I killed our own. I knew that I would not be able to seek out medical attention, considering it would be reported and Mossad would find out and track me down. I don't know how Raphael survived that day, maybe he wanted me to stab him. Hell that is probably how he convinced everyone that it was me that killed the other agents.

I also don't know how he was able to locate me in that old motel. I was careful. I chose a place that I knew was very isolated and well off the grid. I also made sure to avoid all cameras and even paid the guy at the desk in cash. Maybe it was all the precautions I took that made finding me easy... That motel was the best option and knowing Raphael like I do... He knew I would be careful, maybe in this case I need to be a little less careful and be obvious so I can keep him of my trail.

This case could be like one of my first, I made what I was doing obvious in the beginning. That way they would come to me, instead of me having to go to them. They all knew I was looking for them and that set them on edge. So of course they were going to be more careful and look over their shoulders. Then again there was the few who were brave enough to seek me out. They decided to hunt the hunter, only I was expecting that and they did not exactly get the results that they were looking for.

Maybe that is how I will trap Raphael... Or maybe, just maybe I should save Raphael until the very end. After I dispose of these last few names I have, I will have everything I need to expose Raphael for all that he has done. I may be able to even pin all this crap on him, like he had done to me all that time ago...

I snapped my focus out of the past and future, forcing myself to come back to the present. Going to a hospital is too risky, as obvious of a move as it could be... It could put me under some serious risks. Then again, not getting my wounds treated will put me in danger as well. It is a risk I will have to take I suppose. I can just draw Raphael out another way. I need to wait until I am more healed and ready, because he will be expecting me as I will be expecting him now.

I entered the pharmacy through its automatic sliding doors and went straight to the aisles I would need. I need to make this quick. Get in and get the hell out.

I moved through aisle three grabbing bandages and gauze. Aisle six had some antibiotic creme and pain relievers. I must say how lucky I am that some pharmacies are working to become one stop shops, because aisle eleven had sowing needles and thread. It won't exactly be the most sanitary suture kit ever but at least I will not bleed out.

The woman at the counter gave me a weird look when I placed all of my items onto the wooden surface. She started to ring up my items and I knew what was going through her head. What the hell was a kid planning on doing with all of this stuff. I gave her a reasuring smile. "My mom's a doctor and my father has a habit of getting himself hurt. She asked if I could come by to pick up some stuff on my way home from school."

The woman nodded as she scanned the last of my items. "That will be twenty-seven dollars and thirty-seven cents."

I handed the woman at the counter a twenty and a ten dollar bill as she handed me the plastic bag. "Keep the change." I called to her as I rushed out of the drug store.