Chapter 1

"Avivi!" The harsh growl came from Father. "Pay attention child!"

I looked up at my father, away from the target that was a thousand yards away. "Yes, Sir." I brought my eyes back down to visualize the target one last time before I re-positioned my .30 caliber sniper rifle. I looked through the scope and took in a steady breath. I held the breath, waiting on my father's call.

"Fire!" He ordered.

My finger pulled the trigger and the bullet shot through the chamber. I continued to look at the target. It took just a second for the bullet to rip through the head of the target. My ears no longer rang from the sound of gun shots or explosions. Father made sure that they didn't. I never fired with protective gear, Father said to never practice with something you'll never have.

"Again, Avivi!"

I reloaded the sniper and held another breath. I aimed for the head and waited once again.

"Fire!"

I shot a second round at the target and followed through, waiting to see where it hit. I looked up at Father and he turned away from me in disappointment when he put his binoculars down. "What is wrong?"

"You missed!" Father stated, clearly angry. He pulled me up off the rocky ground. "You can not miss, Avivi! You miss, you die."

I stared up at him, holding the rifle in my hands. It was as big as me. "But I did hit it, Sir."

"I saw no mark, Avivi!" I followed behind my father as he led me back towards our home.

I traveled with the rifle propped across my shoulders. "That's because I shot through the first mark, Sir."

My father turned and looked me up and down. "Is this true? Do not lie to me, Avivi, I will know when I retrieve the target in the morning."

"I speak the truth, Father."

Father did not say another word as we entered our home. We had just entered our home when a voice filled the downstairs. "Gedeon Jager!"

Father turned and pushed me back out of the rear of the house. "Go to the hill, Avivi! Kill them!" Before I could say a word my father picked up an assault rifle that he had hidden for a moment like this one. Father saw my hesitation and glared down at me. "Now, Avivi! Prove yourself!"

I turned on my heels, the rifle in hand and dashed up the hill. I slid across the dirt, falling unto my stomach and positioning my rifle. I searched through the scope for a target and saw a salt and pepper haired man round the side of the house. I aimed right between his eyes and squeezed the trigger, only I could not make myself kill the American man. I saw my father in the upstairs window, he had his assault rifle positioned, waiting for the man to get closer. I knew my father well. Well enough to know he would not hesitate to kill the American man.

I took in a breath and found my new target. I held the breath, steadying my aim. I pulled the trigger and followed through. I reloaded the next round, finishing in the same instant that my father dropped, a hole in the side of his head. The American man pressed himself against the wall, probably searching for whoever had shot. He must think I shot at him.

I stood up off of the rocky ground, leaving the rifle. My feet silently hit the dirt as I ran down the hill. "Freeze!" The man ordered as he pointed his gun at me.

"I killed him." I stated. The man stared at me and I realized that he must not speak Hebrew. As an attempt to show no harm I pulled out the .9 mm that I always had with me. The man's finger tightened around the trigger of his pistol. "I mean no harm!" I tried to explain, but of course he did not understand.

"Put it down!" The American man ordered. Leave it to me to know English but not speak it.

"Okay! Okay!" I started to lower the gun, but Ezekiel my father's friend and partner came around the side of the house. I lifted my .9 mm in a swift movement and fired, only I heard two gun shots. Ezekiel dropped as did I, and the American man turned around confused. He looked at me, I now laid in the dirt with a gun shot wound, with wide eyes.

****

I jerked awake in my cot suddenly, hitting my head on the ceiling above me. I hissed in pain as I rubbed the bump on my head. It was common for me to dream of that day, it had happened so long ago... I was only ten when I had pulled the trigger on my father and Ezekiel. I just wanted to save the American man because, unlike my father and Ezekiel, he was a good man. He had come to stop my father from killing anymore people.

The American man goes by the name of Leroy Jethro Gibbs, he was a Marine sniper when he was younger. I learned about who the man was from the group who had called in for his help. The group known as Mossad had wanted my father dead for a long time. The same group I now work for, as well as the group that now wants me dead.

*******************************

Hello there readers. I hope you guys liked this introductory chapter :) It just explains how Gibbs and Avivi first met. Not exactly under the best circumstances if I must say so. Do not fret my readers, for soon Avivi will be known by another name. It will be self given to represent her mission of choice. Thanks for reading Guys and Gals.