Rose

I was running down to the Pit when I bumped into someone.

"Whoaa, watch out kiddo." Tobias said pretending to be hurt.

"Oh, sorry Four"

"It's fine but you should go to bed. Tomorrow is your aptitude test and it's already 10pm" Tobias said in his instructor mood.

Tobias or Four as everybody has to call him is the only person, who talks to me here.

"I know. Don't worry." I said and rolled my eyes just when Tris came down to the Pit.

"Hey, Rose! Ready for tomorrow?"

Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention Tris, Tobias's girlfriend. So basically two people from the entire faction. Great, isn't it? Note the sarcasm. I can't wait to get the hell out of here.

"Yea, I think." I said still deep in my thoughts.

My parents died when I was three. They took part in shooting and both didn't make it. So I had to live with my aunt, my mom's sister. But she died two years ago due to cancer. From that time it was just me, myself and I.

All Dauntless think I'm weird, which is partly true. But I don't care what they think. I'm planning to go to different faction anyway. They are so dumb. Nobody cares about education. I think it's pretty important, but you won't find a damn book here.

"Rose?! Hey, Rose!" Tris yelled.

"Hmm?"

They both laughed.

"Oh, sorry. I better go to bed. See you later." I said quickly and ran to my apartment. I heard my name being yelled, but I didn't care.

I really hope I'll get something different than Dauntless as my result. But I don't think I'm Dauntless. I'm not brave at all.

I came to my apartment, took a shower and lay to my bed.

Thoughts taking over my mind.
Why I have to have so miserable life? Why me? Why can't I have family and friends like everybody else?

I closed my eyes and drifted into sleep.