The Choosing Ceremony

The next morning I jumped out of bed and hurried to bathroom.

Finally. The day I was waiting for so long. I still wasn't sure, which faction to choose, but I didn't care. The main thing was that I could leave Dauntless.

I got ready and for the last time I ran out of my apartment.

~

Wow! The hall where the choosing ceremony takes place is so big. Every faction has its own sector. First is Amity, then Candor, Abnegation, Erudite and Dauntless.

Slowly I went to the Dauntless sector and sat down.

Then I looked to my left and saw her.

The woman from my dream.

She has the same blonde hair, blue eyes and blue dress.

My eyes widened and my heart was beating fast.

She came up on the stage and started to give her speech.

"The faction system is living being composed of cells, all of you. And the only way the society can survive and thrive is for each of you to claim your rightful place. The future belongs to those who know where they belong."

She finished her speech and everybody was clapping

Marcus Eaton, the leader of Abnegation, was now giving his speech, but I didn't listen. I was staring at her.
She had to feel me staring at her because she turned her head towards me.
I quickly avert my eyes on Marcus, but I still caught her smirk.

"Rose Lennon"

Oh, fuck, did I really not pay attention for so long?

I went to the stage cautiously.
I came up to the bowls still not sure which faction to choose.

One bowl for each faction. Dirt for Amity. Glass for Candor. Stones for Abnegation. Water for Erudite and hot coals for Dauntless.

I took the knife and cut my palm.

I streched my hand over the bowl.

"Erudite" Marcus exclaimed.

I smiled and turned around.

Her blue eyes bored into mine.
She smiled at me. I couldn't help and smiled back.
I realised I was still standing on the stage and quickly went to one of the empty seats.

The rest of ceremony was quickly over and the Erudite stood up to leave first. I followed them out and we got in the cars.

The ride in our car was silent. Nobody in the mood to talk.
Me neither. I just couldn't wait to be in my new faction.