Divergents

It's been a 9 days since I walked out of this damn apartment. Mom had been watching my every step. I know she wants to protect me but I am not a baby. I can take care of myself. Like I did in Dauntless.

But on the other hand there are the positive things. We got know each other really well. She's not the coldhearted faction leader like everybody says she is. She became this cold after they had kidnapped me and my father had died.

We found out that my "parents" in Dauntless were part of the organisation against my mother.
Mom told me that the organisation is called Allegiant.

I got up carefully from the bed not wanting to wake Jeanine up.
I dressed myself, fixed my hair and walked out of the apartment.

I needed to see Anna. We didn't see each other for so long.

I went in to the cafeteria and looked around.

"Rose?" A confused voice called out behind me.

I turned around.

Anna was running to me

Anna was running to me. When she reached me she almost tackled me to the ground.

"Rose. Oh my god there you are. Jeanine is keeping you all to herself, hm?"

"What? What did she tell you?"

"She told me that you're spending the rest of the initation at her apartment where she will be teaching you as a next leader."

What? Next leader? She didn't tell me about that.

"Yes, that's true."

"And how is it going?"

"It's fine. A lot of work to do."

"I can't believe my best friend will be the next faction leader. But I miss you tho."

"I miss you too." I said hugging her again.

"Anna, I have something to tell you." I said seriously.

"Go ahead."

"Not here."

"Let's go to the dormitory then."

She took my hand and we walked to the dorm. Fortunately nobody was there.

"So? What do you have to tell me?"

"Well. It's about Jeanine. And..." I stopped searching for the right words.

"And?"

"You maybe won't believe it but..." I sighed. "She's my mother."

"What?!"

"I mean my biological mother."

"Oh my..so that's why she was so nice to you and why you're living in her apartment."

"That too. But people, who are against my mother and who also kidnapped me 16 years ago, are threatening us. That's why I have to stay in the apartment."