Home

We were cuddled up on the couch. Both of us reading a book.

"Mom?" I asked making her look at me.

"Yes, love?" She answered pulling my hair behind my ear.

"What about the initiation?"

"Don't worry about it, darling, I will be teaching you here. I have a small lab here in the apartment."

"Okay."

"And you honestly think I would let you fail?" She asked playfully offended.

"No." I said and laughed.

"Are you hungry?" She asked playing with my hair.

"No."

"But if you are just say so."

"I'm not a baby. I can cook by myself." I said trying to escape her grasp.

"For me you will always be my baby girl no matter how old you get." She said laughing.

She pulled me in her lap. She put away her book and pulled me even closer to her.

"I guess I have to live with that." I said making us both laugh.

"Don't you want to tell me what happened at night?"

That caught me of guard.

"I..well okay then."

I lay my head on her shoulder.
I took a deep breathe and continued.

"I had a nightmare. You said...you said I'm a disgrace and that's why you gave me away."

The bad memories made me cry again.

"But darling how can you think that. I don't think you are a disgrace. I'm so proud of you. You are strong, beautiful and intelligent."

I let go off her and looked her in the eyes.

"Just like my mother." I said smiling.

"Oh honey"

She kissed my forehead but wasn't finished with asking.

"And that's why you hurt yourself? Because of a nightmare?"

"Well yes, this time."

"This time? You did this before?"

"I was alone and depressed. I had noone. I wanted to.....feel something."

She looked at me sadly with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. I'm so sorry." She said her voice cracking.

"It's not your fault."

"It is. I should have never lost you." She said her crying getting worse.

"It's not. And it doesn't matter, it made me who I am. And now I'm here and I have you."

"You will always have me. We will get through this together. Promise me you won't do that again." She said wiping her tears.

"I promise."

She kissed my tears away and put me closer.

The rest of the day we just talked and laughed. She told me how she had became the leader. She even told me about my father. How they had met and fell in love.

I looked up at her and smiled.

"What is it?"

"I love you mom."

"I love you too my love." She replied kissing my forehead.

So that's how it feels to have somebody who loves and cares about you.

I cuddled up to her and smiled.

I finally have home.