Erudite

When we reached the Erudite headquarters and got off the car, a girl in Amity clothes aproached me.

"Hi. My name is Anna."

"Hi, I'm Rose."

"Nice to meet you." Anna replied smiling.

"Nice to meet you too"

I can't believe I have a friend. And we are not even in Erudite.

"So, why did you choose Erudite?" I asked.

"It's my aptitude. You?"

"Same"

By the time we were talking, we came in a hall with stage and microphone. A blonde woman was standing on it, probably waiting for us.

It was her.

"Hello initiates. My name is Jeanine Matthews and I am your faction leader." She started with her eyes wandering around the room.

"You chose the intelligent faction. I'm glad that so many young people are joining Erudite."

I was trying so hard not to catch her gaze. When she reached the side of the room where I was standing, I looked down to the ground.

"Ignorence is defined not as stupidity but as lack of knowledge"

I looked up just when her eyes landed on me and it seemed like she forgot what she wanted to say. She quickly composed herself and continued.

"Knowledge is the only logical solution to conflict. Intelligence must be used for the benefit od society. In order to eliminate conflict we must eliminate the disconnect among those with differences by correcting the lack of understanding that arises from ignorance....with knowledge"

She gave everyone in the room strict gaze but when her eyes meet mine again, she smiled instead.

"Now you'll follow the instructors to get to your assigned dorm. Tomorrow you'll take the IQ test. The initiate with the highest IQ will be working with me in my personal lab, the others will be divided into groups with other instructors. I'll be waiting for you in room C27 in 7:30. Be on time."

She finished her long monologue and was about about to come down from the stage. But she looked my way again. Blue met blue. I stared at her not moving an inch.

I heard that Anna was calling at me so I turned around

I heard that Anna was calling at me so I turned around. She motioned for me to follow her.

"Hey Rose!? Are you coming? We are in the same dorm!"

"Yeah, I'm coming!"

I turned around again but Jeanine wasn't no longer there.

I ran up to Anna and we followed the instuctor to our dorm.

"Did you notice how Jeanine smile just at you and only you? You know her from somewhere?"

"Yea, I did notice but I don't know her. It's weird."

"Maybe she's picking
her favourites already" Anna said grinning.

"Haha, very funny" I said sarcastickly and punched her shoulder playfully.

Wow. Where's all the sudden confidence coming from?

We reached the dorm and I picked bed right next to Anna's.

"You new clothes are on your bed. Get changed. The cafeteria is in the first floor. You can go there by the elevator or by the stairs on left od your dorm. Dinner is serving from 7pm to 9pm. The lights-out is in 10pm. Who will be caught outside the dorm after becomes factionless." The instuctor who brought us here exclaimed and left the room.

We changed our clothes and went to the cafeteria.

After dinner we were both exhausted from the eventfull day. We said goodnights and lay in beds.

As soon as I closed my eyes I fell asleep.