Chapter 14: Royal Friends

Cristina's Pov

I inhaled the salty scent of the Amazon ocean; still smells the same. Here in the Island of the Amazon; I can release my true form and not be judged or stared at. My wolf ears wiggled by the sound of marching feet coming my way; I smirked, cracking my knuckles.

"Let's see if they have trained well enough to defeat me this time." I challenged just as they announced my trespassing and their forces charged with thier leader none other then my old opponent; Artemis with a spear in hand came at me with a warrior cry. I smirked and unsheathe my sword . . . a moment later. 

"It's been many years since you last set foot on this island, old friend." Hippolyta greeted with a smile; I grinned and resheathe my sword away from Artemis's throat.

"Old, you say?" I questioned approaching the Queen of the Amazons. Back then this land was known as Paradise and the Queen was a young Princess but now these shores are now called Themyscria yet their ruler hasn't changed the slightest bit.

"Well you don't look a day old," Hippolyta laughed," You and I have grown into fine women." 

I laughed and gave my old friend a hug; it's strange everything has changed. Me, Hippolyta, the Amazons, my clan and sister but for the better I believe; now I work along side with my God children, serving justice. No longer to have to hide and I found love with a human man who I never thought could make me feel what I feel today; ay me, I'm in deep.

After dropping off Artemis and the Queen's guards in the healing chambers; my old friend and I walked on the stone streets under the moon and stars, something Gotham doesn't show often.

"Your gift has worked well announcing your arrival here." Hippolyta noted, pointing her staff at my wind whime that I made long ago when I was the size of Beast Boy.

"It's good to see you smile, Cristina. Last time you walked this street I wanted to protect you from that wrenched_"

I stopped in front of her, placing my hands on both of her cheeks. "Peace, Hippolyta; he's gone now, he can't hurt or touch me ever again. There's no reason for you to worry about me anymore." I assured but like the Amazon she is; I know she will never stop worrying about me and her daughter.

Diana was just a newborn when I last visit and I'd just left home; it was few months after I was raped at that time I didn't feel that I was ready to come back home to my family or to rule. Before I left I made this wind chime out of the treassures I hold dear pass the centuries. It appears as a dream catcher but I used smalls bells from thailand, bones and teeth of creatures that I fought against and feathers from my Grandmother's pet phoenix also shells from the shores of Themyscria and my lucky four leaf glass clover that an old friend of mine from Scotland gave me from her church windows. I never had the courage to visit Scotland because of an old childhood fear.

"I predict that you're here for a reason." She stated, I chuckled.

"Actually I am."

"Then we shall discuss it over a meal, Princess Cristina." She teased, sliding her arm around her shoulder.

"I have a better plan."  

At the arena; Hippolyta and I sparred in hand to hand combat. She twirled her longs legs towards my head; swinging myself backwards gave me the advantage of landing on my hands, standing to wait for her next attack.

"You mean to tell me that Dick Grayson has a sister which he claimed she was dead," she repeated. I frown and nodded as she came, charging at me again; I launched myself in the air, knocking her off balance with both feet against her back. I threw a roundhouse kick at her legs; she fell at her side. I chuckled, flexing my legs and sat cross legged while Hippoltya was on her hands and knees; I crossed my arms across my chest.