Chapter 32 : Cat out of the bag.

Blue's Pov

"So now that the cat's out of the bag, so to say, what's next?" I asked feeling excited, Clark pulls his car in a diner parking lot. He gets out without answering me, I follow him inside the diner sitting down across from him, taking a menu to observe what's good to eat.

"Did I piss you off or something?" I asked reading the price on pancakes.

Clark sets his menu down to look at me. "I'm trying to figure out whether you're playing me." He stated, I lay the menu on the table crossing my arms on the table.

"Playing you?" I questioned. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out his phone showing me a picture of my backpack and a few things that I wrote and drew in my journal.

"You went through my stuff? And here I thought you weren't that type of Alien." I teased. Clark crosses his arms against his chest.

"Do you know who brought up the idea to switch you over our side, Blue?" He wondered. I give him a look; what the hell he's playing at?

"No, I don't." I answered truthfully.

"It was Hellhound." He said and I bursted out laughing having everyone  turn their heads at me.

"Sorry." I apologized breathing heavily.

"Bullshit why would she? What does the bitch get out of it?" I asked. Clark glares at me almost scaring me. I shut my mouth and folded my hands on the table while the waitress came to take our order.

"The usual, Clark?" The waitress asked he nods not saying a word. The waitress turns to me with a smile.

"And you?"

"A grilled cheese sandwich with fries and a vanilla milkshake, please " I said in a great performance.

"Right, I'll be right with your food in a few minutes."

"Thanks, Camilla." Clark added. I play with the salt and pepper tapping the glass with my nails.

"Listen like I said to all of you before I'm making a change to my life and I won't fuc-"

"Please don't swear." He interrupted, wow he's like virgin.

"Fine! But I won't mess this up! You guys have to start trusting me if I'm going to be risking my neck for you guys at least the team can do the same for me." I begged, clenching the salt. Suddenly Clark took my hand; I looked up to see him, smiling and I wondered if that's what Conner's smile would look like.

"You're right going through your stuff was wrong my little brother gets over protective at times. I'll speak to the league of your progress with us  till the whole reunion plays out with your brother to the world. You'll stay in Metropolis." He states with a smile and leans back against the seat.

"Sounds good but I can't stay with you Clark. Things are more awkward now between Conner and I . . . I-I__"

He laughs, nodding. "I understand, Blue . . . hmm maybe I can ask Bruce to reserve a room."

"No way, that means I'll have to pay him back and I don't need to pay him back more than I already do."

"You pay him back?"

"Yeah, it's the way I see the world nothing is free but since I've changed my career recently there's no need for me to steal. In order to give back, now I have to work." I explained the waitress Camilla came with our orders and set them down for us.

"Here you go, enjoy." She says tucking the serving tray under her armpit. I unwrapped the paper straw and stuck it in the milkshake. Clark got an Apple pie with whip cream on top of it.