Chapter 19: Welcome to the Amazons

My head was pounding, I slowly started to wake up and sunlight hit my eyes. I rubbed my eyes and adjusted to the light weirdly enough I was inside a jet and the pilot in front of me was Wonderwoman. I sat up feeling the stiffness in my back my vision was a bit off as well.

"Jesus, what happened?" I asked out loud while rubbing my head with my finger tips, Wonderwoman turned her head at me and smiled.

"Good you are finally awake. She acknowledged turning her attention back to the sky, I stared out the window seeing nothing else but white clouds.

"I don't remember falling asleep." I confessed somehow I felt that some unknown force had something to do with that.

"Batman shot you with one of his darts."She pointed out for me. I rolled my eyes.

"And may I ask why did he need to shoot me with a dart?"I asked trying to focus on something else instead of the pounding in my head.

"His excuse was that he thought you were trying to escape again." She said.

"I've kept my promise; I'm not backing down." I told her,

Paranoid jackass, I thought; the jet turned sideways and I looked behind my seat to see if Batman's jet was following us.

"Don't worry he'll come and say goodbye." She assured me; I chose to believe her as I settled back into my seat. The jet landed on the island while Wonder woman opened the shuttle letting in a burst of sunlight; I covered my eyes with my forearm to see an army of women. Some of them wore armour and dresses as if we were in ancient Greece; a young woman with long red hair bowed at Wonder woman.

"Princess Diana; it's good to have you back." The red head greeted in a serious deep voice; already I felt that she and I will not get along.

I stepped on the wing of the jet and stared up at the sky, waiting for Batman's jet to land; Diana tapped on the wing. I turn to her and hopped off.

"I thought you said my brother was coming with Batman?" I questioned as I heard the jet leaving before Diana could stop me; I ran through the crowd of women to follow the sound. I ran through their city, people stared but I didn't care; I found an opening to the sea. I jumped over the railing, landing on top of a statue; the jet was flying away. I slipped off the shoulder of statue by the time I hit the ground; I saw that the jet was nearly out of sight. I hopped back on my feet, feeling my chest tighten.

"Dick! You promised you'd say goodbye!" I screamed, crying at this point; I dropped on my knees unto the stone ground.

"Okay...," I said through my teeth and punched the ground. "Fine, fine; just fine!" I yelled throwing my backpack onto the ground.

A puddle of rain reflected my face as small drops of tears fell into the water while I heard footsteps behind me.

"Good riddance." Someone commented; I snapped my head back to see the same red head with her arms crossed, smiling down at me.

"Excuse me?!" I asked in a more demanding tone of voice; she grinned and took a few steps toward me.

"I said. 'Good riddance,' men like your brother are always a nuisance." She repeated as her head was close enough for me to land an upper cut; she flew backwards landing on the ground. Surprisingly she was still conscious from the punch; I jumped on top of her and punched her like there was no tomorrow.

She caught my right hand; I had to admit she had a strong grip with a smile. She kicked out her legs against my chest; I flew over but landed on my feet again. She took out a knife from her belt; I shot her a grin. I always love a challenge. We both charged towards each other and rolled on the ground, clawing at each other but we fell into a large opening against something hard; I kicked myself away from her to only find myself in a arena.