(S3 Ep 17) Chapter 9:Oh We're Fun!

Season 3 Episode 17: The Jolly Rodger

A/N: This chapter is going to start off with a flashback. This one is very important to our storyline.

Updated 3rd of January 2017: I changed CabinBoy's name from Robert to Flynn

--- Flashback ---

Lilly placed her children to bed. She went back to her room where she was greeted by her husband. He was in his bed, finishing some work on his laptop.

Flynn worked as a photographer. Most of his works were known for fantasy pirate ships and living jungles. While his wife ran a cafe down the street. It wasn't a well known place in Virginia but it was decent enough.

She remembered what her daughter was reading. The memories of her past were coming back to her. The only thing good about it was that the journey she had has brought her here.

"Did you put the children to sleep?" Flynn asked.

"Yeah, I did," Lilly changed into her sleepwear.

"Jenna got a gold star for a picture she drew today," Flynn informed his wife.

"Really?" Lilly sounded so happy, "That's amazing!"

Her tone did seem cheerful, yet it was a bit off. Something wasn't right. There was hidden sadness in it. Flynn could detect it.

"There's something that's not right with you, isn't it?" Flynn asked, Lilly remained silent, "TigerLilly? What's wrong?"

"Pearl was reading Peter Pan again," she gave in, as she climbed into bed next to her spouse.

This wasn't good, especially for TigerLilly. TigerLilly didn't want them to read that story. Any other story was fine. It was just that, that story gave her pain. She didn't want them to know about the history of this family.

"She's gonna find out either way Lilly," Flynn reminded her, "we just don't know when."

"Well I don't want it to be now, she's too young to find out at her age!" TigerLilly worried.

"She's fifteen!" Flynn reminded her.

"The same age I was when I was taken away from my home," TigerLilly felt it all coming back to her. Flynn saw the fear in her eyes. They both remember the day so clearly.

"I'm sorry for bringing it up," Flynn felt guilty as he wrapped an arm around her.

"I just don't want out children's life to be ruined by the truth we have hidden from them," Lilly sighed as she fell back with her husband.

"I know dear," he kissed her on the head.

The next morning they woke up at the regular time they do. Flynn had the day off while Lilly had no work until 4pm today. The kids had to get up at 7:25 am every morning. The first one was the oldest.

"Pearl? It's time to get up!" Lilly knocked on her door. The only sound she heard was the air that passed by, "Pearl! Come on!"