Epilogue

"This has to stop," I spoke, my knees close to my chest. I didn't even make eye contact with the boy. "These nights are just a waste of hope."

"But this is the only way I could spend time with you, even after death," the boy tried to reason with me.

"That's the only problem," our eyes met, "Pan! I shouldn't be talking to you even after death. You're supposed to be a thing of the past."

"Yet, you're the one that's not letting me leave your world," he tried to play one of his mind games.

"Don't start this, Pan!" I scold him. "I have a new family! Friends! A person I can actually feel happy loving instead of being tortured by a weakness! You are nothing but a memory."

"Yet I'm the reason you're here!" he tried to continue.

"Yet you're the reason why I can't be happy," my eyes told the story, "truly happy."

"Pearl, please," he moved closer, "I already lost your mother, please don't make me lose you."

"But you already did, long ago."

His face softened to what I was feeling, emptiness. My words destroyed him, I finally broke him. I was supposed to feel success, however, I couldn't find a single a dust of success. It almost feels like I also ruined myself too. It was the truth, and the truth isn't always pretty.

"If you really want me to leave, then I'll do so," he spoke, finally understanding the pain he brought me, "but can I ask for one final thing?"

"What?"

It didn't even take him more than a second to find his lips attacking mine. They were as soft as I remembered. My hands held his face, savoring every drop. He lets go, staring me deeply into my eyes, "go to sleep, it's time." He simply kissed me on my forehead, pulling me into a tight hug. He laid me down, taking a seat next to me, "I promise I'll find you, Pearl."

"Peter! Wait!" I rose, sitting up. Yet, he was already. I looked to my right, there were a blue decorated string and a thimble. I knew what he was doing, he left me gifts to always remember him. I clenched the items in my hands, holding them close to my body as I brought my knees to myself.

"I love you, Peter."