Chapter 19

I stayed at the park for longer then I intended. I laid on the grass till long after the sun went down, I laid there until I got a worried call from my parents, asking me to come home. Even when I got home I went straight to my room and stared at the ceiling.

I didn't know how to react. I tried telling Mikey I have feelings for him and he was running to another girl before I could finish my sentence. I tried so hard to base his reaction on a movie, but no matter how many I could think of, none of them were right.

***

After school Gerard persuaded me to go back to the his house and watch some movies. Mikey wasn't there until twenty minutes later, walking into the house with Lainey. He didn't even glance in my direction as he and Lainey walked past us to go to his room.

"I... I need to go." I mumble.

"What's wrong?" Gerard asks worriedly.

"Yesterday I was going to tell Mikey that I liked him, but as I was about to tell him, he got a text from Lainey and ran off." I admit.

"Oh. I'm really sorry, Gina. He's such an idiot." Gerard sighs, pulling me closer and into a hug. I lean my forehead on his shoulder, closing my eyes.

Someone clears their throat, making Gerard look up. I stay where I am, not wanting to see Mikey or Lainey. "Gina, can I talk to you?"

Gerard lets me go and I sit up, turning to face Mikey. "I don't really want to right now."

Gerard looks between Mikey and I before standing up, "I think you two should talk... I'll be in my room." He quickly stands up and walks into another room.

"What's been going on with you two?" He asks.

"Nothing."

"You can't expect me to believe that. Don't bullshit me, Gina."

I gulp slightly, not used to hearing Mikey swear. "I-I'm not."

"Really? Cause that's sure as hell not what it looks like. Is this a game to you or something? Who's next, Ray or Frank?" Mikey snaps.

"No, no! I swear-"

"Or are you just making your way around the Way family?"

"Mikey! Just let me explain!" I yell, blinking a few extra times so no tears fall.

"I think you've already done enough." He says, his tone much quieter than before.

I turn and walk away, not stopping till I'm out of the house. The thought of going to Gerard crosses my mind, but I decide against it. He's right. I tell myself, I've ruined everything.

***

Call to Mikey declined.
7:00 pm

To: Mikey
Please answer
Sent 7:02 pm

Call to Mikey declined.
7:03 pm

To: Mikey
Im having a panic attack please call me
Sent: 7:05 pm

To: Mikey
please im really freaking out i need to talk to you
Sent: 7:10 pm

To: Mikey
please...
Read: 7:12 pm

***

Gerard's POV
I slam Mikey's door open, interrupting his and Lainey's conversation. "You fucking idiot!" I seethe. "Michael James Way, we need to fucking talk."

"Gerard, what... what's wrong?" Mikey flinches slightly.

"Care to explain what the fuck you said to Gina?" I cross my arms and glare at him. Mikey glances at Lainey, not wanting to say anything with her around.

"I think you should leave, Lainey." I tell her, knowing we won't be able to have a serious conversation with her here.

"No- I have to ask Mikey something."

"Too bad. Text him later." She goes to argue again but decided against it before standing up and walking out of the room.

I look at Mikey expectingly, "I don't think it's any of your business, Gerard." He says.

"She's one of my closest friends, of course it's my business!" I snap. Mikey doesn't say anything, "fine. I'm going out." I tell him before stepping out of his room and slamming the door behind me.

Sorry for the shorter chapter, but I didn't want too much to happen right now. The next update should be out soon.
Thanks for reading!
-Oli