16. Back To Square One

Wow! Another update!! *coughs* after almost a month and a half, if not more * cough, cough*. But yes, this is an update. Sorry if there's a lot of spelling errors. Thanks loves!!

_________________

Amelia

When I got back home from work, I was exhausted. Who knew doing something you love can really be a pain in the neck?

I checked my calendar not realizing it was wednesday. I had to go out and get Jordan's birthday party gift.

Making my way out to the car, I got in and texts Damon to tell him to pick Jordan up from school. On my way to the nearest local Toys Are Us, I turned on the radio. Hearing just the radio announcements be made, I turn it up cause something caught my attention;

"This is the 1 year anniversary of the kidnapping of 2015. We will be hearing about the full story after these quick messages from our sponsors,"

Damn.

Just the thing to come back to mind after a wonderful year.

I hadn't realized that I was about to pass the entrance to Toys Are Us until I snapped out of my little haze.

I quickly found a parking spot and parked. I walked into the store in hopes of walking in, and running out. Easy.

I walked down one of the Barbie isles to grab something very pink for Jordan's little friend.

Kids and pink shit.

Hell, they'd even play with that if it was pink!

I saw one that was a ballerina, looking at the price it was sadly the cheapest. $36.75 .

At least it ain't Blue.

I quickly walked done the rest of the isle in search of anything cheaper/nicer for Jordan's friend.

In failure of finding something else, I headed towards the cash. Walking past the isles of toys, I glanced inside each one of them. Just the regular thing, families with kids, kids by themselves, etc etc.

I got to the cash and payed the $36.75 for the doll and made my way out of the store.

It wasn't until I reached my car that something didn't feel right. I looked out of my rear-veiw-mirror to see a man walking by himself away from the store.

Had he been in there the entire time?
Why didn't I see him in any of the isles?

Thoughts began to pour into my mind as to what he was doing in that store alone, and with no toy exiting the store.

It's completely normal for a man to get him little child a toy, maybe he didn't find the correct toy he was looking for and was going to look elsewhere for the toy.

I thought to myself. I'm getting too far ahead of myself, it's completely normal for parents to do that. Hell, I would've done that if I didn't mind looking for toys.

I started my car and pulled out of the Toys Are Us parking lot. Making my way back home, I turned the radio on. Not thinking again, I remembered what was on.

To believe that some sick person would actually do it again.

This I didn't see relevant to the topic before. I turned it up and tuned in more.

Yeah! Who would do such a thing. After all the things these poor little girls have been through, you put them through even more trauma again.

What are they talking about? 'again'.
That word lingered around unroll I found what they were talking about.

I mean, who would kidnap the girls in the first place, then have them all be saved, which is absolutely amazing don't get me wrong. But then after a year, we get word that two of the twenty something girls who were taken the first time, have been taken again.

Oh. Dear. God.

I pulled into my driveway and ran inside with the doll in hand, I wrapped the gift in wrapping paper then took my phone and told Kendal and Ver about what I had just heard.

***

That night before bed, I prayed.

I prayed that I wouldn't have to endure what I had been through the first time again.

I prayed that my family would be safe.

I prayed that my friends would be safe.

I prayed that I would be safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's that chapter all good and done.. Or is it all good?

Stay tuned! Thank you so so SO much for being patient with me, sadly this book is not my first priority, and I can't make it a priority with me being in Newfoundland right now.
But thanks loves!
~ xo kate
Vote, comment, share💓