Chapter 10

The next morning I woke up really early so I decided to go out for a jog. 

I ran about 6 miles. I couldn't stop thinking about my kiss with Ethan, or what it meant. When I got home I couldn't breathe. Never again. I actually hated running, too bad it's a good way to clear your head. 

After I took a shower I picked out a pair of black skinny jeans, a big white sweater with a black heart in the middle and black heels. For my makeup I just put on my black eyeliner (of course), mascara and red lips. Finally, I curled my hair and went downstairs.

"Why don't you look nice," mom smiled to me when I got in the kitchen, she was making pancakes.

"Thanks," I smiled back. "Where's dad? I thought he was coming home last night." 

"His trip extended, he won't be home until Wednesday." 

"Oh," I grabbed a couple of pancakes and started eating. Lizzy came running down the stairs.

"Morning!" she sat down next to me and mom handed her a plate with pancakes.

I was really distracted that morning and couldn't pay any attention to what Lizzy was rambling about. Something about some doll she really wanted. I don't even know.

I couldn't wait to see Ethan at lunch that day so the classes went by really slowly. I didn't pay any attention to what the teachers were saying and all I did, was staring at the clock.

When Spanish was over I hurried to lunch. Shannon had to try really hard to keep up with me.

"Jesus Bella, where's the fire?" she was getting annoyed.

I smiled to her, apologizing and slowed down.

We sat down at our usual lunch table and I looked around in hopes of seeing Ethan. I saw no sign of him. Cheryl came and sat with us.

"What's up crazy heads?" she was in a good mood. Good. When Cheryl's in a bad mood everyone's in a bad mood.

"Bella's looking for Ethan," Shannon said and finally caught my attention.

"Am not!"

"Yeah sure," she said sarcastically. I stuck my tongue out.

"Um, I don't think you have to look anymore." Cheryl said and pointed at Ethan who was about to sit as his usual table.

My face brightened up. Until I saw who he was with. A girl. They were whispering to each other.

"Maybe they're just friends," Cheryl said "Oh woops, yeah no, there we go, no there's definitely something going on there." she added when Ethan and the girl started making out.

"Are you okay?" Shannon asked carefully when I didn't say anything.

"Yeah, I mean, it's not like I liked him or anything like that. He's an asshole, everybody knows that." I answered but even I, heard the lack of convincing in my voice.

The rest of the day went by quickly. Ethan didn't show up for gym, surprise surprise, and for literature we continued reading 'Pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austin which by then, I had read about million times.

After school I drove to Shannon's house to help her finish the paper we were supposed to  to write in Spanish. I had already finished mine.

Then, when I got home I found a note from mom on the fridge.

'Taking Liz to the swimming pool, there's dinner in the fridge. Love, -mamma♥'

I sighed and opened the fridge. Oh yum, spaghetti bolognese, my favorite. I thanked mom in my mind and heated it in the microwave. I looked back in the fridge, found myself a diet coke and started eating.

After dinner I did some homework and crawled in my bed. I was so tired. Less than a minute later I was sleeping.

The next couple of days went by the same as Monday did. Ethan and the girl were inseparable, well their lips were inseparable, and school was quiet. The only thing even remotely exciting was dad coming home on Wednesday.

"Didn't your dad come home yesterday?" Rita asked.

"Yeah! I'm so glad." I answered smiling. "When's your coming?" 

"In a month," she answered with a large smile on her face.

"That's awesome!" I said, I was really happy for her.

"You guys, you are not gonna believe this." Cheryl said as she sat down.

I laughed. "Believe what?"

"Well actually, it's not hard to believe but still."

"Spit it out," Holly said and laughed.

"Okay," Cheryl exhaled. "Ethan and Dinah broke up."

"I'm confused. Who's Dinah?" Shannon said.

"Ethan's latest thing!" Cheryl rolled her eyes. "Rumor is, he broke up with her when she refused to sleep with him. But that's just what Jen said and we all know she can't be trusted"

"Wait, isn't Dinah Sam's twin? As in Sam from my chemistry class?" 

Cheryl nodded eager. "Yeah and he's pissed off. He heard me and Jen talk about it"

Right when she had finished the sentence I saw Sam walk in the cafeteria. Poor Sam. Poor Dinah. I felt really bad for them. Especially Dinah. I saw Sam walk over to Ethan's table. Wait... What's happening? Sam said something to Ethan that made him laugh. He was shaking out of anger.

"You're a douche." Sam shouted. Everyone's eyes were on them.

"Ooooo," I heard Ethan's friends say. 

Ethan said something else to him that I didn't hear but that only made Sam angrier and when Ethan was about to walk away when Sam punched him.

With that being done Ethan got so angry that he attacked him. The kids on the nearest tables formed a circle around them. Are they crazy? Isn't anybody gonna stop this?

"Why isn't anyone stopping this?" I said hysterical.

The girls looked at me with a worried look on their face.

I ran to where everyone were in circle and pushed everyone out of my way. When I got to the inner circle I saw Ethan on top of Sam, punching him. I ran to them and pushed Ethan off of him with all the strength I could find in me. 

"What the hell is the matter with you?" I asked him. Well, shouted.

"He started it! In case you didn't notice he called me a douche and he threw the first punch." he pointed all of his anger towards me.

Sam stood up, protecting his stomach with his hands.

"Well maybe that's because you are a douche and if I had the chance I'd punch you! I'm pretty sure everyone would want to punch you." the anger boiled inside of me.

"Bella don't be a bitch, stay out of this!" he was getting angrier and angrier by the minute.

"What did you say?" I lowered my voice.

"I called you a bitch." he moved closer, challenging me. "Got a problem with that?"

I slapped him. "Don't ever call me that." 

He grabbed my hand, a mixture of anger and shock in his face expression. Silence struck the room. Until the principal came to break this up. When he saw us standing like that he assumed that we were the cause of this disorder in his cafeteria and sent us to detention.

Detention with Ethan... Oh the joy.