Chapter 12

The next day I woke up to my phone ringing. I tried to fetch my phone with closed eyes. It didn't work, I sighed, opened my eyes and answered the phone.

"Hi?" I mumbled and closed my eyes.

"Hey girl, I'm just letting you know that I'll pick you up in 10 minutes." it was Cheryl calling.

"What? Why?"

"For the Halloween thingy,"

"What Halloween thingy? It's 9AM Cheryl, I don't wanna go." I was too tired to think properly.

"Bella it's 11AM and you promised you'd be there, remember?" 

"Yeah I remember." I sighed and got out of bed.

Apparently this town celebrated Halloween for a week with fairs, concerts and contests. 

"Great! I'll be there in 10."

"Make it an hour. I still have to get ready." I started looking for clothes with one hand.

"An hour it is." she laughed and hung up.

"Goodbye to you, too." I mumbled and threw my phone on the bed.

I picked out a black tank top, a navy blue cardigan and shorts. I paired that with a white scarf and did my normal makeup routine (black eyeliner, mascara and pink lips).

I was just finishing doing my makeup when Cheryl honked outside my house. I hurried downstairs, outside and into Cheryl's car. She was blasting the radio and singing along.

"Hi!" she shouted.

I couldn't help it and bursted out laughing. She smiled and turned down the music.

"Sorry, I'm weak for Eminem." she said apologizing.

"It's fine, I completely understand." I turned up the music again.

She smiled and drove off.

"Are the girls coming too?" I asked Cheryl as we got out of the car at the fair.

"I think Shannon's gonna meet us later but the twins are out of town."

We started walking towards the fair.

"So what should we do first?" she asked me excited.

I looked around and spotted a ghost train. I grinned.

"That one!" 

Cheryl laughed and led me to the ghost train. She handed the guy two tickets.

"You have to be three or more to get on board." he said bored.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked.

"No I'm not kidding you," he said sarcastically. "Unless you want to ride with them" he pointed at three geeky 12 year old boys who were staring at us "you can't go."

"Can't you give us a break this one time?" Cheryl winked him.

"Look, it's a six people carriage. You're two. You can't get in." 

"We'll go with them, right guys?" Ethan and his crew appeared behind us.

"Yeah," Tyler winked Cheryl. 

I looked at Cheryl with a begging face.

"Come on Bella, I really wanna go." Cheryl whispered to me. I sighed.

"Fine."

There were six seats, three rows and two seats in a row. Tyler was quick to take the front seat and pulled Cheryl with him. Danny and Justin took the middle so that left me, Ethan and the back seats. Of course. I sighed and sat down next to Ethan who smiled triumphant. Cheryl turned around and gave me a comforting smile. Then the train started moving.