Chapter 2

We were home on New Years. A big group of us went over to Louis and Eleanor's. They were having a huge party. Their last before the baby comes. It was fun. I got to kiss Liam right at midnight. But, the next day, things really went back to normal. No more parties, or big events for awhile. Liam and I had gotten settled in our new house, but other than that, there were no new "advances" in our relationship.

Then came Valentines day.

I woke up in our room, alone. His spot next to me in bed was empty. All that was there was a note.

'Good Morning beautiful! Happy Valentines Day! I love you! I had to leave, but I'll be back soon. I left a surprise for you downstairs...

Liam x'

Hopping out of bed, I grabbed my note and headed into the kitchen. Seeing nothing, I wandered into the dining room. On the table sat a vase of a dozen red roses, a box of chocolates, and another note.

'Check the refrigerator, I left something for you. x'

Walking back to the kitchen, I opened up the fridge to see a plate of cinnamon rolls from the bakery in town. And taped to the plate? Another note.

'Check your email... Liam x'

Now it's a game. He's sending me all over the house with these little clues. Grabbing my phone, sure enough, there was an email from Liam waiting for me.

'The place where we had our first date. The place I fell in love with you. xxx'

The coffee shop where we used to live. Of course. Liam took me there the day after we met. Realizing I had to leave the house, I ran upstairs to make myself more presentable. After finishing, I drove over to the place we frequented while living at our old complex. The second I walked in, a free drink was in my hand and I had another note.

'You're getting good at this! But, I think you left something in your car's center console...

Liam'

Skipping back to my car, I opened the console. Inside was a small red box. Inside, were hundreds of little Hershey's kiss papers. But just the white "kisses" strips. Another clue was taped to the top of the box.

'Each exchangeable for one kiss. Come to the gym to redeem them!

Li xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Smiling, I shut the box and proceeded over to the gym were I'm assumed was where he was. Saying hello to Christi and Zayn on the way in, I made my way onto the main floor to make sure Liam wasn't with a client. I didn't see him, so I took the hallway down to his office. The door was unlocked, and I went in. Liam was nowhere to be found. However, on his desk, was a lottery ticket. Of course, with a note attached.

'I hit the jackpot when I met you! The ticket's numbers match the date I met you... Where was that again? x'

I rushed out to my car again. Within two minutes, I was back at our old complex, more specially, in front of my unit. A message printed on gold paper was taped to my old front door.

'Congratulations! You've completed my Valentines Day scavenger hunt! Now, it's time to claim your prize. At the bottom of the note was a picture of us in front of our new house the day we bought it.

After pulling in the driveway, I noticed rose petals leading to the back yard, and up into the deck. I followed the trail, and Liam was standing at the end. Waiting for me to come home, like he always does.