Chapter 7

"Good morning." I mumbled as I walked down the stairs on a random Saturday, only a little over a month after our honeymoon.

"Good morning." Liam sat at the counter in our new house, typing up emails.

I trudged over to the coffee maker and saw that Liam had already made a pot, and it was still pretty hot.

"You were tossing and turning all night, last night." I took a sip from my mug.

"I was? Sorry." He shrugged.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"I should be asking you the same thing. It's nearly eleven o'clock. You never sleep that late." He smirked.

"I don't know, I'm just tired today." I yawned.

"I think we have eggs, should I make omelets?" Liam looked up.

"Yes!" My eyes lit up. "Make them with-"

"Extra cheese and tomatoes." Liam finished for me. "I know." He kissed my cheek as he passed by.

"I always knew I liked you."

~~~

"No, no. Sit down." I raised my eyebrows. "You made breakfast, I'll do the dishes." I took his plate and walked over to the sink.

"Trust me, I'm not complaining." He chuckled.

I put the plates down and walked back over to carry over the rest of the dishes. My stomach felt funny, and I stopped in my tracks.

"Are you alright?" Liam stood up and looked at me with concern.

"Yes, I'm absolutely fine." I waved him off and started to put our silverware in the dishwasher.

"You don't look so good, honey." He put a hand on the small of my back.

"I'm-" I felt bile rising in my throat. Rushing over to the sink, I released the contents of my stomach.

"So the omelet was no good, huh?" Liam laughed. "Maybe too much extra cheese."

I had just thrown up in our kitchen sink, and he was laughing. Where's the concern now?

"I think I've got a stomach bug." I moaned.

"No kidding." He mused. "Here, why don't you go lie down? And take this with you." He pulled the large, plastic trash can out from under the sink and handed it to me.

"Thanks." I sat down on the couch in the parlor and the second I felt comfortable, heaved in the trash can again.

"Good lord! I thought your stomach was empty!" Liam called from the kitchen.

"It is now." I laughed in spite of myself.

"Do your best to keep all of that in the bin." He begged.

"Will do!" I mumbled.

I heard Liam turn on the garbage disposal, trying to clean up the chunks in the sink. A few minutes later, he came back into the room with a thermometer.

"You don't seem to have a temperature." He frowned. "Do you need to be feverish to have stomach bug?" Liam furrowed his brow. "I'm not sure."

"I don't know how I could've gotten it. I haven't been around anyone sick recently."

"Rose, Jackie? Everyone's perfectly healthy?" He posed.

"What else could it be?" I wondered out loud.

We looked at each other for a moment. His eyes widened. "No, it can't be that. We've been so careful." He assured both of us.

"We have been extremely careful." I agreed. "Throwing up once doesn't mean I'm pregnant."

"You haven't missed any periods, have you?"

"I missed one, but that was awhile ago. And it's common for me to miss one or two!" I said quickly.

"When was your last one?" Liam's breathing began to quicken.

"I had it at Niall's party." I tried to remain calm.

"That was before the wedding!" Liam wheezed.

"Was it really that long ago?" I wiped my sweaty palms on my pants.

"Have you had one while we've been married?" He took a deep breath.

I thought for a moment before answering.

"Bria, please say something." Liam begged.

"No, I haven't." I bit my lip.

He stood up and began to search for his keys.

"Where are you going?" I asked hesitantly.

"I'm going to go get you a test."