Chapter 12

"Hey baby!" Liam immediately let me know he was home. I heard the door slam behind him as well.

"Hi Li, how was work?" I chuckled, but confined to slice up vegetables for dinner. He rarely ever acted like this.

"Real good. How was your day?" He pulled off his jacket and tossed it onto the back of his chair.

"I've had better days." I admitted. Things at the store had been absolutely crazy. Rose had stayed home sick, and I had to manage on my own at the register all day. It was stressful to say the least. I had only been home for about a half hour, but I felt much better now.

"Oh babe, I'm sorry." He wrapped his arms around my waist and pressed his lips to mine. "I'll bet I make it all better, yeah?"

"I can't cook if you're hanging on me." I mumbled, trying to shake him off. It was nice to have attention, but I wasn't sure if I wanted this much...

"I'm not hungry." He insisted.

"Liam," I giggled and put down my knife. "What are you on?"

"Nothing, I've just missed you! All day I've been longing to come home." He squeezed my hips harder and turned me around to face him.

"Are you sure you're not hungry? You're always starving by the time you get home?" I bit my lip.

"All I want right now is you." Liam shook his head. He placed his hands under my thighs and lifted me up closer to him.

"The food should be ready in just a minute. Don't you want to eat before we-"

"No." He whispered in my ear, then kissed my neck, my weakest spot.

"Okay." I finally gave in. "Dinner can wait."

"Perfect." Liam grinned and carried me upstairs.