Friend or Foe

"Why are you talking about me. I'm no threat to an innocent Eevee and Leafeon. I only hurt those who started the war," the sylveon explained. "I do need some partners who want to end the war with less violence."

Gene and Yuki exchanged glances. Did she mean it?

"No way! I'm going to join the war and thats that! How do I even know if you're telling the truth or not!? I'll join the war!" Yuki yelled. How could a murderer talk about less violence? It enraged Yuki to even think about. A thought suddenly jumped into her mind. Sylveon normally fought Steam's army.

"Well... If I can't fight in an army, I might just have to partner up with you," Gene considered. An alarm suddenly went off in her brain. That only happened when Yuki was being disloyal. However, Gene dismissed it. It was an action she would soon regret.

"Then I guess this is goodbye until we meet again on the battlefield. I'll see you around, Gene," Yuki replied. Her tone seemed all too happy to get rid of Gene. The sylveon noted this.

After the sylveon left, Yuki and Gene parted ways. The leafeon headed in the opposite trail, claiming she wanted to take the scenic route.

"Gene, I'm worried about your friend. She was heading toward Steam's army. By the way, my name is Angel," Angel whispered. They were just about to head out toward Gypsy's army. Hopefully, Gypsy, a once powerful and fair queen, would listen to them and stop fighting.

"Yuki? Why would she go towards Steam's army. They only take... Oh no!" Gene cried, stopping in her tracks.

"You don't think... She joined Steam's army, do you?" Angel asked in alarm. This was most likely her fault. Then another question popped into her mind. "Hey Gene? You're thirteen right? Why haven't you evolved?"

Gene looked down. This was a painful subject for her. "Well... You see... The thing is..."

Angel was really impatient. "WHAT!!!"

"Um... Err...Uh..." Gene was stalling and Angel knew it.

"Tell me already!" she hissed.