Secrets

Crystal waited. It had taken only a few hours to round up more troops. This time, it would be army against army. There would be no more battles. It was win or die. Gypsy had decided on the date. The Barbarian Destroyers would look for a new base tomorrow, and they would end this war.

"Queen Gypsy! There are three civilians heading for Steam's base! Should we intercept?" Crystal asked. There were no villages around, so they had no place to run to.

"No. We have to be ready for tomorrow. A few casualties are fine. We need to prepare. No more announcements like that," Gypsy answered. Her answers were always right and her plans were perfect.

Crystal walked out, feeling a bit sad. She had no idea where her best friend from before the war was. Savannah always knew what to do. Even in battle, they were friends. She was always there to keep Crystal alive. Whenever Steam was on the field, Savannah would act like she had hurt her, but really, she had wiped other's blood on Crystal. It was sort of nice. Crystal would rather be covered in someone else's blood than dead.

"Are you okay? You seem depressed," Avalanche noted. Only he would notice her feelings. Not well enough. Her cheeks turned a rosy red.

"Oh, um, it's, uh, nothing," Crystal answered. That didn't fool him. "It's just, um, my friend. That's all." She knew Avalanche hated Savannah, and her friendship with her would ruin Crystal's chances with Avalanche.

"You can tell me. I promise not to judge you," Avalanche promised.

"A-alright. So... You know how Savannah, um, left the, uh, war, right?" He was already making a face. "Well, err... Before the war, we were best friends. Even during the war, she never hurt me."

"What? I see you come back from battling with her all the time. You were always covered in blood!" Avalanche recalled. Crystal frowned. He immediately stopped talking.

"She would wipe someone else's blood on me, or her own. She couldn't let me leave without a scratch. I guess it's better than being dead. I guess I never hurt her either. So now you know. You probably hate me," Crystal sighed. Avalanche's face anything but hate.

"Wow. I never knew that. I hated her because I thought she was selfish. I kind of admire you two now," Avalanche laughed. He could see how much that meant to her. Why was his heart pounding? Everything felt weird. His face was burning and his chest felt like it was about to explode.

"Are you okay?" Crystal asked. Was he... No. He couldn't be. Was he in love with Crystal?

~Later~

"We're almost there. Wait. Just a thought, but... WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHEN WE GET THERE!?" Angel hissed loudly.

"Wait. You mean we won't be welcomed?" Savannah mused sarcastically. "Someone is going to help us. I asked them to before I left."

"Psst! Savannah! Over here!" a voice whispered. It was a male Eevee. He looked exactly like Gene only he wasn't shiny.

"Oh good! Tyro. Did you set up a small camp for us? Please tell me you came alone," Savannah added. Tyro nodded and motioned for them to follow him.

"So... You're Gene," Tyro stated once she had caught up. "My mother tells me that you are really nice. Is it true?" She noticed that Angel and Tyro hadn't even looked at each other. Did they know each other?

"I don't know. You're asking me to rate myself. How can I do that? I might be unfair," Gene answered. Tyro laughed.

"Ha! I guess you are! Only a nice person would be worried about being unfair! My mother has great friends!" Tyro whispered. The last sentence made Gene stop.

"You're mother is Yuki? She doesn't have a kid," Gene murmured. Tyro blushed.

"Well, heh, I was adopted. She is awesome. My dad is, too," Tyro added. Gene sighed. Yuki was still the same, just fighting for the wrong thing.

"Do you know who you're real mom is?" Gene asked. Angel bristled.

"Uh... Not really. I mean, I remember her last words to me. That's it," Tyro repeated. He did know who she was though. Gene wouldn't really care about it though. Neither would his real mom.

Angel was mumbling something to herself behind him. It must not have been important though, because she didn't repeat it.