The Tundra

This was so weird. Gypsy wasn't acting the same. She seemed to always be moping and cursing 'that awful Smoke.' Around here, however, no one noticed except Avalanche. Savannah, his sworn enemy, had just left, so he had not much else to do. So much had happened in such a short time. Steam had a new general. She was the leader of The Verdant Division. Her name was Yuki, probably.

"My queen. Pardon me. General Avalanche, reporting for duty. Is something on your mind? I realize you are pretty lonely here," Avalanche sympathized. The sympathy made Gypsy almost look surprised.

"Well... A few nights ago, I had two visitors. They were looking for Shadow. Then one of them had a vision about a black Eevee. When it was over, the other partner was not really happy. Shadow was reaching out to her. They talked, but the black Eevee took over. She told the partner to kill the other. I intercepted, but now I'm really worried about Shadow," Gypsy explained. Avalanche decided to talk to Gypsy in his head.

Avalanche: Why wasn't I alerted? You need to stop inviting strangers into the base. What if they were Steams spies?

Gypsy: You're asking questions? Interesting. I thought you were as thoughtless as the rest of them. I guess a general has to think and ask questions. Heh. I didn't see any spy-ish thoughts. Besides, I knew Angel and Gene gave me the power to mega-evolve.

"What!? She's the one you were talking about!?" Avalanche gasped. He had always wondered where his powers came from. To think! The answer had been in this very camp.

"My queen! Sergeant Scorch. The Guardian tree has been cut down! By the Barbarian Destroyers! General Shadow, to be specific!" Scorch exclaimed. He was panting and out of breath. This news made Gypsy's eyes widened in horror.

"No!"

~Later~

Gene had just received an explanation from Gypsy about the tree. Angel was ready to kill Smoke. If Smoke was anywhere in the vicinity, Angel would destroy everything to get to her.

"I'm going to murder her! Why would she destroy her only way home? It makes no sense!" Angel ranted. She had given up asking Gene or Savannah. They both had no clue. Savannah's idea was that she thought the Guardian Eevee would come after her. Angel suspected Gene knew and was just not telling them. "Gene?"

"Um... Well, you see... We, uh, sort of made a, um, deal with the royal family that if the keystone ever left the temple, they could cut our tree down. So... I'm guessing that Smoke made a deal with Steam for the keystone. Then, she could get something more precious in return," Gene explained. Savannah nodded as though she had already known, while Angel frowned. Why Steam? What about Gypsy?

"Why Steam? Gypsy is a prin, err, queen. Why did Smoke decide on Steam?" Angel wondered. Savannah suddenly gasped.

"It's because Steam is desperate! Before Smoke came, I was the only competent general he had! During her, um, leadership, all the generals started getting stronger, and you know, actually winning battles!" Savannah exclaimed. It was so obvious.

"Gypsy isn't. Steam is a prince, or king now. Therefor he counts as the royal family. Yet, he is desperate because Gypsy has well-trained soldiers, while he has a bunch of lazy pokemon who aren't happy with Gypsy. Excluding Savannah," Gene apologized.

"Gene... I have a bit of bad news. Just before I left, a new general had come. She is the leader of the Verdant Division," Savannah paused. Gene's face told her she knew who it was. "Her name is... Yuki."

"No."

"I'm so sorry. I looked into her future. I don't think it'll be a good future. I could be wrong," Savannah whispered. It didn't seem possible. She was never wrong.

"It's going to be alright. We're going to make everything better," Angel muttered softly. Gene was almost like a daughter to her. After what she did to her real kid, comforting Gene was the least she could do...

"Lets go."