Second Epilogue

5 years later...

"Hailey!" Tyro called, bounding into the den, his black fur enveloping all light around him. After the war, he had evolved into an Umbreon. He had a large grin spread across his face.

"Tyro, you can't yell in the medical den. There are a lot of patients that need rest," Yuki, who had been in the room beforehand, hissed. However, she couldn't hide the glimmer of joy in her eyes.

"Tyro?"

He spun to the source, his wife. She was laying on a mat of leaves. There were tears streaming down her cheeks, but a smile on her face. His gaze travelled down, until it was met with the sight of a small bundle of silver fur.

"Is that..." he began, breathless.

"Yes," Hailey whispered, wrapping her tail around their small and seemingly fragile child. "It's a boy."

Immediately, Tyro joined her, nestling on the other side of their son, nuzzling his mate's cheek.

"We have a family now," she murmured, the pure joy never fading from her face. However, in the recesses of her eyes, Tyro could see the doubt and worry bubbling up.

"It's okay," he reassured her. "Have you named him?"

"Yes," she began, turning to gaze fondly at their child, before turning to her mate. "His name is Rei."

"It's perfect," Tyro chuckled. "He looks just like you."

Her smile faded.

"I hope he's more like you, for his sake."

Yuki coughed. Tyro jumped to his feet, surprised. He had forgotten about her.

"As much as I'd love to hear more, there are a few more guests that'd love to see you, Hailey," she explained, pointing to the entrance.

"Hello!" a small brown Eevee shouted, bursting into the room. "I wanna see my new friend!"

"Jasmin!" Angel cried, running after her daughter. "You have to be quiet in a medical den!"

"I could say the same to you," Yuki grumbled.

"Can we all just calm down? There's a newborn here," Shadow pointed out. He steps into the room calmly, and both Angel and Jasmin stopped.

"Sorry dad!" she chirped, though her eyes were already scanning the room. Then, they landed on Rei. "OHMYGOSH!!!"

Jasmin bounced over, staring down in awe.

"Hello, Jasmin," Hailey chuckled. "This is Rei. He's sleeping right now."

The little Eevee said nothing, her eyes locked on the small frame beneath her.

"We're coming in!" a new voice called from outside. Savannah pushed her way through, followed by Crystal and Avalanche.

"It's good to see you," Tyro nodded, smiling.

"I thought Steam was coming with you," Yuki murmured, her brow furrowing.

"He's trying to get Marrow under control. She said she'd rather die than leave her room," Crystal explained, laughing.

"Of course," Tyro groaned. "Her brother has a kid, and she doesn't even stop by."

"I can hear you!"

Marrow, an Eevee about the same age as Jasmin, stormed into the room, a scowl on her face. Steam was there a second later, glaring at her.

"You need to adjust your attitude," he hissed, grabbing her by the scruff. "You're not too old that I can't ground you."