Angel's Partner

The whole idea that she was the embodiment of mega evolution stunned Gene. Angel noticed the look on Gene's face.

Angel: Gypsy! Get out of Gene's head! At least let me hear and have some input!

Gypsy: Fine. Gene, Angel is getting in on this. It's only fair. She is one of the mega pokemon.

Gene: Okay. So let me get this straight. I'm the reason pokemon can mega evolve?

Gypsy: Yes.

Angel: Whoa! Hold on! I got this power before I met Gene! How does that work? Gypsy! I'd understand if you got it from her, but what about the rest of us? You know! Steam, Crystal, Savannah, and Avalanche!

Gypsy: You're forgetting about someone. What about your partner? You know... Shadow?

Gene: Wait! Isn't Shadow the Umbreon general for Steam's army? By the way... What are the armies called?

Gypsy: Yes and mine is the Royal Guardians. Steam's is the Barbarian Destroyers. What I don't get is why Shadow would join them? He was a dear friend to me. You know, we could talk aloud now. You guys are right outside my camp.

Angel: Wait! Shadow isn't here? He told me that he wanted a more direct approach to ending the war. I watched him go off towards your camp! Besides! Wouldn't I have met him on the battlefield? I would have at least heard something about him. I thought he loved you!

Gypsy: He does. Something has happened to him. His rings are red whenever I try to reach him. I always get pushed out. I'll occasionally get a bit or two about a 'black mist.' Do you know what that is.

Angel: The only thing that comes to mind is when we killed Moonlight. As she died, she disintegrated into a puff of black smoke. Shadow might have breathed in a wisp of it. Could it really have done this to him?

Gene: Wait! Black mist? That sounds familiar!

Suddenly, Gene screamed. Everything went black. Gypsy sensed a vision and edged in, dragging Angel with her.