The Journey Begins

I wrote this in sixth grade, so I'm sorry if it's bad. I'm too lazy to edit... -_-

Yuki flew around the curve and slammed right into Gene's supervisor. She flinched back from the on coming yells that she knew were coming. Gene treaded up behind Yuki and grabbed her then ran away as fast as her legs would carry her. As Yuki ran, she mega evolved to Mega Leafeon. Gene jumped on her back so she wouldn't be left behind.

"You girls have gotten on my last nerve! You know that you aren't supposed to run in the house!" Gene's supervisor yelled, but they were too far ahead of him to hear, like they always were.

Once they were outside, Yuki allowed herself to breathe. Gene sighed as well.

"Thanks for helping me out, again," Yuki gasped.

"No problem, Yuki. I'll always save you from him!" Gene laughed. As they walked, Gene's mind wandered towards the Evolutionary War. Her mother had been dragged away to fight. Next year, Yuki would go, too.

"Hey, Yuki. Do you think the war will end before you turn thirteen? My mom will come back and you won't leave. Do you think that will happen?" Gene asked. She couldn't go because she hadn't evolved yet.

"Hmm... Maybe, but let's not think of that," Yuki sighed. Gene had brought the war up several times lately.

"Hello. I'm here to see Ms. Yuki. I need to deliver a message to her from the war general," a Vaporeon claimed.

"That would be me," Yuki replied.

"The general calls you to battle in the war. You possess a special power called mega-evolution. It therefor makes you eligible to fight at age twelve," he explained. Gene looked devastated. She was supposed to have one more year. As for Yuki, she looked overjoyed. She would be the youngest soldier ever.

"She will consider it," Gene interrupted. Grabbing Yuki, she ran behind the nearest bush.

"Gene! What are you doing?!" Yuki hissed. This was her time to shine. Now Gene was trying to deny her right to fight. How dare she.

"Please don't do this! You may not make it back! I'm trying to save you from a lot of pain! Just because you can mega-evolve, doesn't mean that you are invincible. I've also heard that there is an Umbreon, Flareon, and Jolteon that can mega-evolve on Steam's side! I was supposed to have one more year to convince you!" Gene cried. Yuki's views on the war suddenly changed drastically.

1 "I never thought about that. But still..." Yuki started.

"Not to mention that free-lancer Sylveon. She's a mega. No one even knows what she looks like," Gene explained.

"Hey, Gene? It looks like we're going to be first!" Yuki whispered.