Chapter 23

Its been two days since it happened, he wasnt dead but he was in the hospital in a coma

      Its been two days since it happened, he wasnt dead but he was in the hospital in a coma. Marinette wasnt the same since its happened, shes been quiet, she barely ate, she slept most the day and almost never left her room. Tikki was worried, everyone was but no one could snap her out of it. She was outside now walking to going to visit Adrien for the first time, she had her head down the whole time Tikki tried talking to her but she just nodded. "Marinette, i know youre upset but you cant live this. Your parents are worried about you." Tikki said from inside her bag. Marinette just nodded not even listening, all she could think about was Adrien. His smile, his green eyes, his laugh, hes jokes, she tried her hardest to keep the tears in. 

     She walked into his room and saw him laying there, so many tubes connected to him. She walked slowly to him as the doctor left her alone. "Hey Adrien." She tried to smile but it didnt work, she sat down in the chair next to his bed. "I uh brought you something, cause i know theres someone who really wants to see you." Her filled with tears but they didnt fall. She opened her bag and pulled out his ring, she laughed when she held it up but it wasnt a funny laugh it was full of pain and sorrow. "I thought, i should give it back it is yours." She looked at him but he was silent, his eyes shut, not moving. She nodded and grabbed his hand, a single tear dropped. She place the ring on and Plagg appeared. He saw Marinette again, "Ahh its you again. Do you have more cheese for me." He asked not realizing Adrien. Tikki stay silent and so did Marinette, Plagg looked confused, "Whats the matter? Did someone die or something?" He asked in a joking matter. Thats when he turned around and it felt like his heart dropped, "Adrien?" He whispered as he flew closer to his face. "Is he going to be alright?" He asked placing his hand on Adrien's cheek as sadness filled his eyes. Marinette closed her eyes tight and gripped her jeans really hard trying super hard not to cry. "We dont know." Tikki said. Plagg just kept staring at Adrien. They heard the door and Tikki flew into Marinette's bag and Plagg went under the bed. Adrien's dad walked through the door, he glanced at Marinette then back at Adrien, his eyes filled with pure regret seeing his son like this. Marinette stood and walked past him not saying anything not even making eye contact. She didnt know he was Hawk Moth she was just was upset. 

     He walked in sitting in the chair Marinette was in. He saw the ring on Adrien's hand, hes eyes grew wide as he remembered Ladybug broke it. His eyes went back to normal, he looked back at Adrien and laughed the same way Marinette did, just a fake laugh, "I tired so hard to get the miraculous, that i was willing to do anything to get it and i, i hurt my own son." Tears ran down his face, "All i wanted was to bring back your mother, but what good would it do if i dont even have my son, if i dont have you with me." He took Adrien's hand into his and held it as more tears came. "I didnt want for you to get hurt, i wanted you to be safe, thats all i wanted but i failed at protecting you." He let go of Adrien's hand not even caring about the ring anymore, "I just  hope youre ok, we all want you to be ok Adrien." He stood up and walked to the door wiping away his tears, "I love you." He said before walking out.

      Marinette sat in her room with her knees in her arms, "Marinette?" Alay walked in to see Marinette on her bed with a blank expression on her face. "Oh Marinette, Adrien's going to be ok." She said as she sat down next to Marinette. "I know youre worried, we all are but Adrien wouldnt want us to be sitting here not going on with our lives." Alya said placing her hand on Marinette's shoulder. She slapped it away and she stood up fast, Alya's eyes grew at the sudden movement. "Stop! Stop talking about him as if he was dead! Hes not ok!"Marinette started pacing her room as she said that. Tears filled her eyes, Alya frowned as she stood to stop Marinette, "I didnt mean it like Marinette. I just want you to get out of this room, we miss you." Marinette wiped a tear that started rolling down her cheek, 

"I cant, i wont, not until Adrien comes out." She really started crying, she covered her eyes and Alya pulled her into a hug holding her tight. "Its going to be alright Marinette, hes going to be ok." Alya whispered as held Marinette who couldnt stop crying,"Everything is going to be ok."