Breaking Up

*Ginny’s POV*

When we got let into potions, I was careful to sit on a table near Hermione. I know that Theo wouldn’t mind, because he is best mates with Blaise, so it wasn’t too hard. I know what you are thinking, You’re the chosen one’s girlfriend, why are you on a first name basis with Death eaters?

Well, to start with, Only Malfoy is a death eater, and I am not on a first name basis with him, and second, they are actually quite nice once you get to know them. I have hung out with Theo a couple of times.

When we sat down, I gave a small smile to Hermione, who sent one back. She looked genuinely happy when she was in potions, it was a good thing that she was paired with Blaise.

“You need to brew the Liquid Luck potion. You will have the rest of the lesson.” That was all I heard from professor Slughorn, I must have been sat thinking for longer than I thought.

Theo stood up and went to go get all the ingredients. That was a plus, I didn’t have to move!

“Ok, can you start crushing the slugs please Ginny?” I heard and I snapped into Potions mode. I wouldn’t say that i’m very good, but i’m not bad.

We finished a short while after Hermione, and it was pretty good. We got and EE! We got to go as soon as we had finished the potion, and I knew that Hermione was cleaning up still, so I finished cleaning mega quick so I could catch her.

She had just finished when I had and I dragged her out of the classroom, into a corner.

“Hermione, I need to talk to you.” I said seriously. It was a serious matter.

“Yes Ginny?” She said. I could tell she was a bit annoyed but oh well.

“I overheard you talking with Malfoy before potions, and I need you to tell me the truth, did Ron really hurt you?” She suddenly looked like she was going to cry. I knew it was correct. I didn’t even need an answer. I pulled her into a big hug, soothing her, while letting her cry everything out.

“It’ll be ok, We will sort it out.” I said reassuringly. She shook her head

“We can’t tell anyone, he will hurt me...” She said. She was terrified. I couldn’t think of what to do. So I just shook my head.

“You need to break up with him. Will it help if I stay nearby?” She looked in my eyes, and sighed.

“I know I need to. So if I have to, make sure you are nearby. I don’t want to get hurt again.” She said. I nodded, and let her go do whatever she wanted, knowing she needed to think things through.

*Hermione’s POV*

After the little chat with Ginny, I started to feel a bit better, knowing that I had gotten it off my chest.

She seemed so understanding, but at the same point, she looked like she was going to kill her brother. I know he hurt me, and I know that Ginny is right, but still, he didn’t deserve that.

I decided to go to the Library, read a book and think about things. I chose to read Hogwarts: A History, one of my personal favourites, and sat in my usual chair. While I was reading, I got a lot of thinking done. I was going to break up with Ron today, sooner the better.

I got up, put my book away and left the Library. I knew where Ginny would be, In the Gryffindor common room. I went straight there. As I was Head girl, I knew the password.

“Godric” I said, and the portrait opened.

As I walked in, Ginny flung herself at me, pulling me into a tight hug. I whispered in her ear:

“Now.” She understood straight away. Knew what I had to do.

“Go to your common room floor with him, I will follow and hide near him” She replied. I nodded and headed to the boys dormitory.

“Ron” I called. He appeared instantly

“Yes Hermione?” He asked

“I was just wondering if you would like to come for a walk, we need to talk.” I said

“Sure! Let me just get my wand.” He said as he grabbed it. We walked down the stairs together, and then walked to my common room. I saw Ginny give me a thumbs up out of the corner of my eye. Taking a deep breath, calming myself down, I started:

“Ron, I-I think that....”

“What Hermione?” He said, he looked so sweet

“I-I think that we should break up.” I said, wearily He suddenly got very red, and his eyes went black with anger. I was very scared.

“Why?!” He asked “what have I done?” I just shook my head

“You are always controlling me, and you hit me!” I had tears streaming down my face by now “You hit me!” He just looked angry, I took a step back.

“Seriously?! I was just protecting you! As for the hit, you deserved it. Needed teaching a lesson!” He said as he took a step towards me.

It came as quite of a shock. I thought maybe he would say it was an accident, try and make an excuse, not say I deserved it. He looked as if he was going to hit me again.

“You Bitch! How dare you break up with me! You are NOTHING without me!” He said, I was shaking by this point, scared of what he was going to do next. I didn’t have to wait long, ass he raised his hand to it me. I closed my eyes, waiting for the contact from his hand to my face, but it never came. First there was a word. Just one word.

“Stupefy!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey guys. Okay, I'm sure you know who this chapter is going to be dedicated to? It is dedicated to KelseyMcCrum again :) If you want it to be dedicated to you then comment below :)

I hope you enjoyed that chapter, I tried to finish it as soon as possible because I really wanted to update. If you liked it then vote and comment :)

Vote 

Comment

Share