The morning after

*Hermione’s POV*

When I woke up the next morning, I saw that I was in my bed. Hadn’t I fallen asleep on the couch? Oh well, I must have needed the sleep. I got up and went into the bathroom to get ready. When I got out, I realised that me and Blaise were together and what had happened yesterday. I smiled at myself, thinking about the ‘new’ me.

I looked through my wardrobe for something to wear, deciding that I was going to keep it up. I liked the new me, it showed my new personality. Just as I was about to give up, I saw something. It was perfect. It was a lovely pastel pink dress! Once I had finished with my outfit, make-up and hair, I looked great. The dress was a pastel pink, with a black outline on the collar. My shoes were a nude heel and I had a simple pearl necklace on.

I walked down the stairs to the common room and saw Draco. He looked a bit down so I decided to cheer him up. I ran up to him and jumped onto his back, bursting into laughter. He stumbled slightly and then looked at what was on his back. When he saw me, his face went into shock. He put me down on the sofa, and walked to the chair.

We sat in silence for a while, until I saw what the time was, and stood up.

“It’s time to go to breakfast” I said

He looked up and nodded his head. He stood up and walked towards the door, I followed closely. Walking down the stairs was quite tiring in these heels. The things I do to feel good about myself! When I got to the great hall, I saw Blaise sitting at the Slytherin table, so I decided to go sit with him. As I was getting closer, he looked up and stared at me. I started blushing like crazy, and hid my face in my hair. He chuckled slightly.

“Don’t hide when you blush, it’s quite cute!” He said. I just blushed even more.

He pulled me down into the seat next to me, making sure we were as close as we could be. I felt like everyone was staring at me, but I didn’t want to look up in case they were. We started talking about anything and everything, but it couldn’t last for long could it?

My least favourite person at the moment came over to the table. Ron. Why did he have to come over? He looked like he was going to kill someone, I was kinda scared! When he got over to us, he just stood with his mouth moving, but no words came out.

“Yes?” Blaise asked. He was being really polite.

“W-well, I just wanted to t-talk to Hermione.” He stuttered. It was really funny.

“Whatever you have to say to me, can be said to Blaise as well.” I said confidently. I don’t know where it came from; it must be my new look, making me feel more confident.

“OK.... I just...... I’m sorry!” He blurted out after some time. I didn’t know what to say, did I want to forgive him? I thought about it for a while, he was horrible to me, but he was also one of my best friends. What should I do?

“Well.... Apology... not accepted!” I said, it was a hard decision, but I couldn’t let him treat me like that again. By the look on his face, he thought I was going to accept it, and go back to how it used to be. I could also tell he was about to start arguing as well.

“HOW DARE YOU NOT ACCEPT MY APOLOGY? I DIDN’T HAVE TO APOLOGISE, I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING WRONG, BUT I DID! YOU ARE SUCH A BITCH! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT! NEXT TIME I WON’T EVEN BOTHER. NOW YOU WILL FORGIVE ME!” he growled. I was actually quite scared, but Blaise got up, so I knew t would be fine.

“You EVER talk to Hermione like that again and I will kill you! I don’t have to wait, I could do it right now, but I don’t think she would appreciate it.” He said. I was amazed at how calm he was being.

“Thank you” I said in a small voice. I didn’t realise until after I said it, but I sounded like a mouse!

He nodded and started to walk with me out of the great hall, until Ron grabbed hold of his dress robes and pulled him down. In one swift movement, Blaise was on his feet and punching Ron in the gut. Even though I hated Ron, I couldn’t watch. He was one of my best friends after all.

I put my hand on Blaise’s arm, and asked him to stop. He looked at me, nodded and then took me out of the hall.

I felt like I finally had someone worth it. Like he actually loved me. I hoped I was right, I needed a bit of love in my life!

*Ron’s POV*

 After that stupid Slytherin git had finished punching me, I got up and walked out, ignoring all the glares I got. If they thought I was in the wrong, then they needed to think again. I will get revenge! I don’t know why; why was I feeling so angry? With how I was feeling, I remembered this muggle song Hermione had told me about.

The story starts when it was hot and it was summer and...
I had it all, I had him right there where I wanted him
She came along, got him alone and let's hear the applause
She took him faster than you could say "sabotage"

I never saw it coming, wouldn't have suspected it
I underestimated just who I was dealing with
She had to know the pain was beating on me like a drum
She underestimated just who she was stealing from

She's not a saint
And she's not what you think
She's an actress, whoa
She's better known
For the things that she does
On the mattress, whoa
Soon she's gonna find
Stealing other people's toys
On the playground won't
Make you many friends
She should keep in mind
There is nothing I do better than revenge

She looks at life like it's a party and she's on the list
She looks at me like I'm a trend and she's so over it
I think her ever-present frown is a little troubling
And she thinks I'm psycho 'cause I like to rhyme her name with things

But sophistication isn't what you wear or who you know
Or pushing people down to get you where you wanna go
They wouldn't teach you that in prep school so it's up to me
But no amount of vintage dresses gives you dignity

She's not a saint
And she's not what you think
She's an actress, whoa
She's better known
For the things that she does
On the mattress, whoa
Soon she's gonna find
Stealing other people's toys
On the playground won't
Make you many friends
She should keep in mind
There is nothing I do better than revenge

I'm just another thing for you
To roll your eyes at, honey
You might have him but haven't you heard
I'm just another thing for you
To roll your eyes at, honey
You might have him but I always get the last word
Whoa

She's not a saint
And she's not what you think
She's an actress, whoa
She's better known
For the things that she does
On the mattress, whoa
Soon she's gonna find
Stealing other people's toys
On the playground won't
Make you many friends
She should keep in mind
There is nothing I do better than revenge

Do you still feel like you know what you're doing?
'Cause I don't think you do. Oh.
Do you still feel like you know what you're doing?
I don't think you do
Let's hear the applause
Come on show me how much better you are (so much better, yeah)
So you deserve some applause 'cause you're so much better
She took him faster than you could say "sabotage"

Hermione would be mine, she was always mine. I would first get rid of Blaise, and then make my move. I would get her, even if it was the last thing I did!