Back to the start

*Hermiones POV*
I woke up this morning with a weight on my shoulders. Today we were going to tell Ron everything that had happened since he was given the hate potion. If i was to say I was scared, that would be an understatement. I. WAS. TERRIFIED.

To try calm myself down I decided to do a bit of light reading before I got ready. I grabbed my copy of '7th year potions' and read through it, making sure I was all caught up on my studying. After a while I heard a knock on the door, from Draco, saying that he was going down to breakfast. I decided that it was about time that I started to get ready for the day and mentally prepare myself for what was ahead.

I picked out some light blue high waisted jeans and started for search for a top to pair with it. After searching through my closet I decided on a black halter top. I decided that I wanted to be comfy for the day and get some work done that I have missed out on so I put on some converse that my mum had bought me for christmas one year. In the end I liked how I looked decided that I was the best outfit for the day ahead.

After I had finished getting ready and applying minimal makeup just for a natural look I walked out of my common room and went down to breakfast, searching for Draco. When I walked in the great hall I found him but couldn't stop my eyes from traveling to where Ron was sat. He looked dreadful. As is he hadn't slept... He probably hadn't.

I walked past him while walking towards Draco; still looking at him. I felt like if I took my eyes off of him then he would go back to Ron with the potion instead of the Ron I knew. Paranoia was setting into my brain and I knew that I would need to keep strong. To keep intellectual. Knowledge is key.

I made my way to where Draco was sat and he gave me a warm smile and gave me an embrace as I sat down. Life really was good. If you'd had said last year that I would be dating Draco; let alone IN LOVE with him; I would have laughed in your face. But right now, I felt how real it is. Now I just had to explain this to Ron.

I turned to Draco; the worry evident on my face and he gave me a look of reassurance before giving me that Slytherin smirk I had grown to love. I could tell Ron everything as long as I had him.

Getting my books out of my bag I started to plan everything I was going to say to Ron; to every last detail. I would have the most perfect plan, each stage of jogging his memory would be immaculate.

Once I had finished planning I glanced at the clock and noticed breakfast was over. I hadn't eaten... Oh well.

I packed up all of my things into my bag before rising from the table and walking towards Ron and Harry. Harry was sat there holding Ron together; metaphorically speaking. I hoped Ron would be able to cope with what I was going to tell him. I hoped it wouldn't break him. I don't think I could bare it. I may not love him anymore but he is still one of my best friends. It could all have been different if it weren't for that very first train ride...

"Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named neville's looking for one... Oh are you doing magic? Let's seen then" I said with a smirk; let's see if I had any competition; id been practicing small spells ever since I got my letter. I'm pretty sure I'd be the brainy one; but let's not get ahead of myself; these were purebloods.

"Sunshine Daisies Butter Mellow Turn this stupid fat rat yellow" he said as the rat flashed for a moment; before nothing happened. What an anticlimactic spell. Shaking my head I said:

"Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good, is it?" Knowing I could produce a real spell; I knew I was meant for this school.

"Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good, is it? Of course, I've only tried a few simple ones myself but they've all worked for me. For example: Oculus Reparo" I said as I fixed the geeky boys glasses before seeing something on his forehead...

"That's better, isn't it? Holy cricket! You're Harry Potter! I'm Hermione Granger. And you are?" I said looking at the other boy

"I'm Ron; Ron Weasley" he said and from that one moment I knew I was destined to meet him. Destined to meet other witches and wizards. Destined to meet these two boys and be friends with them, even if they didn't know yet. I knew I, Hermione Granger was meant to be a witch. To become friends with Ron Weasley.

And now I had to try maintain this friendship. Let's hope I could...

----------------------------------------------I hope you enjoyed this update... WHY HAS IT TAKEN ME THIS LONG? I quite like this one tbh so I hope you don't think it's shit😂 remember to like and comment etc