Comforting

Daehyun’s POV:

Wow, this guy is a real flirtatious person. If I wasn’t so used to people flirting and hanging all over me, I probably would have pushed him off, but Youngjae did that for me and then slapped him!

I bowed to Hope and apologized, before running out to find Youngjae sitting on the floor with his arms wrapped around his legs.

Youngjae, are you ok?” I questioned as I squatted in front of him. He sighed and grabbed his white board.

Sorry about what happened. Did you get a laptop?

No pabo, I was more worried about you. Why did you slap Hope?” I noticed a light blush appear on his cheeks.

To be honest, I don’t really know. I’m not a violent person. I might yell at stupid people every once in a while, but I’ve never hit anyone.

You yell at people?” I chuckled at the silent boy.

Ok, well I mean I used to. I was a snappy little kid, believe it or not.

When was the last time you actually said something, Youngjae?” I was actually really curious about why the boy had become silent. I’ve only heard him giggle and gasp and it was pretty adorable.

When I was about fifteen years old.

That was very long ago. What was the last thing you said?He was fifteen, so that was like four years ago. Wow.

I’m sorry…

Who did you say that to?” He was a bit more hesitant, before he wrote the answer.

My appa…

Youngjae, why did you stop speaking? Didn’t your appa try to get you to talk over the years?” He snapped his head up at me and shook his head fast as his eyes filled with tears. “Calm down Youngjae. I’m sorry, please just calm down.” He took a few breaths, glancing behind me. His breath hitched as his eyes showed a glimpse of… horror? He shot up from his spot and ran, not even looking back.

Youngjae!” I looked behind me to see a man standing there with a smirk. He was old, but had the same facial structure as Youngjae. Is this Youngjae’s appa? I turned back to where Youngjae had run off to and saw him in the distance. I sighed and began to run after him.

Youngjae!!” I slowly started to recognize the area after some time and realized Youngjae was running back to the apartment. I thought about stopping to take a break, but decided against it since I really wanted to talk to and comfort Youngjae. Seeing his sad, crying face made my heart ache and stomach twist in a weird way. What is this feeling?

~~~~

Youngjae!” I stormed into our apartment and looked around until I heard music blasting from Youngjae’s room. I closed our door and made my way to the boys’ room. I knocked loudly, hoping he would hear me. “Youngjae, please open the door. I need to talk to you!” I waited for a few minutes and then tried to open the door. Unfortunately, it was locked. I sighed and hung my head in defeat, noticing a note on the floor.

Go away. I don’t want to talk.

I ran into the kitchen and found a pen. I came back and wrote him a note, passing it underneath the door.

Well, than read what I have to write. ~Dae

What do you want Daehyun? ~Jae

It’s ok to be afraid. Everyone is afraid of something or another in their life. It only makes you normal and human. Maybe you aren’t ready to face your fears, but it’s been four years since you’ve talked Youngjae. I think it’s time to let your voice be heard. I want to help you in any way I possibly can. ~Dae

I don’t think you can help… ~Jae

At least let me give you a hug for comfort then, Jae. ~Dae

I sat and waited for another note telling me to “go away” or “no thanks,” but I was actually surprised when the door opened; revealing a teary eyed Youngjae. I stood up fast and pulled the upset boy into my arms.

It will be ok, Youngjae. Daehyun is here now.” I rubbed his back and pushed him back into his room, still keeping my arms around him. “Want to lie down and relax?” He shrugged and nodded. I smiled and turned off the music, before leading him to his bed. I helped him into bed and pulled the covers over him. “Rest well Youngjae.” I was about to walk away when Youngjae grabbed my wrist and pulled me down.

Stay.” He mouthed. I smiled and nodded, lying down next to him. I blushed when Youngjae scooted closer and laid his head on my chest. I slowly wrapped my arms back around him; somehow it felt just right. Eventually, his breathing evened out and soft snores echoed throughout the room.

He snores! Haha cute.

~~~~

Hey guys! So I did update again! Yay, I’m really loving this story, I hope you are too! Vote comment and fan! Daejae on the side