IV: World shift

It had been two weeks since that night. Nobody knew it but us, a secret I like to believe no one else would find. Since then, I can tell we've been closer. I think that people in the dormitory started to notice our progressing relationship in the occasions that we visit there.

"Here try this" Rokuro says allowing me to take a bite in the onigiri that he'd been eating. I caught Kinu's sharp stare knowing there's something I am not telling her. Ryougo and the other two completely froze in the middle of chewing the food in their mouths completely amused by the public display of affection. He would wipe sweat on my face or even give a quick kiss on the top of my head without any shame. It made me feel proud and warm all over.

         Today is different, I feel irritated. The weather was hot and hair kept on sticking in my neck. On top of that, Ryougo and the others will come over for further discussions on Rokuro going to the island. He wants me to come with him no matter who he has to defy so that also means have to tag along every meeting they have about it. The house will be full and noisy, something I don't wish for today. With all my efforts, I tried my best to put my hair in a messy bun just so it will stop irritating me. The thinnest top and shorts I had was my top choice of clothing for today. Plopping down in the couch splayed like a starfish, I let my body absorb the cool from the air-conditioning system which is odd since it feels fine most of the time. It might be broken today, I'll send Arima a message to have it fixed or I'll lose my mind.

"Is something bothering you?" Rokuro was leaning over me with that concerned expression. This made me laugh, louder than I normally do. "Huh? What's funny?" With one jump, he's seated beside me.

"I don't really know. You're just cute." I laughed a bit more, my goodness what's wrong with me?

"Something's different with you." He says scanning as if he's searching for a mutation growing on me. "Change your top." He orders and suddenly I wasn't laughing anymore. The doorbell rang breaking our stare down. Atsushi followed by the others walked in in without even waiting for Rokuro to open the door for them. "Go to your room and change to something more decent before the others see you." He is being such a demanding brat.

"What's your problem?!" I am angry. My rage was beyond my comprehension and logically speaking I am aware that I am over reacting but I can't help it. Tears started flowing in my eyes and even I was startled. He quickly wipes my tears away with the sleeves of his pullover.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. It's just that..." his face turned red. "There's a lot of skin showing and I don't want the other guys to see that." He says shyly. I feel instantly guilty, sobbing while blabbering out my apologies.

"I'm sorry..." my sobs were put of control "Sorry I shouted..at...you." I felt like my tears were air escaping the balloon.

"What the hell did you do Rokuro?!" Ryougo shouts.