XVI: Intrude

A loud thud from the next room wakes Miyuki up, stirring up a tantrum. What in toronation could Rokuro be doing being so insensitive? He would pay for this later. I quickly picked her up pacifying her complaining cries.

"Shh... sorry Papa is a moron." She purses her lips stopping her loud cry.
"Pa..pa" she blabbers. She started to speak little by little but it never cease to amaze me everytime she does it. Just as when I thought the tantrums are over, she gave out another cry. Another loud thud startling us both was my breaking point.

I sent the door of Rokuro's room flying open with my foot as I balance Miyuki in my arms.

"Roku-" the view stopped me.

"Adashino-san!" Mayura was being straddled by the father of my child into the floor along with some of his belongings.

"Be..b..benio, its not what you think!" Rokuro waves his hands in the air. In the middle of commotion, I noticed that Mayura changed. Her hair was longer, outfit was edgier and she has this look in her eyes that tells me she has become stronger. I never said anything for I am afraid to say something Ill regret. I pulled on the best smiling face I can and welcomed her back.

"Great to have you back Otomi-san" I say happily, honestly. She's my friend and I am glad to have her with me but not a tad delighted on acting indecent with Rokuro. With all my might, I ignored the dumfounded boy on the floor and dismissed myself.

"Ill go now, I have to feed her." I say acknowledging Miyuki who now stares wide eyed at Mayura. She stared back at her in awe.

"Hello, Yuki-chan" she says happily before I left them be. My room was quiet again, I fed her in peace and asked the spirits for no more unruly intervention.

"I'll take her" Kinu says inspecting Miyuki for damages since this is the first time she had to leave her alone with me. She smiled triumphantly and said. "You did a great job, Benio-san" My hear melted at the compliment and returned her kind smile. She handed my daughter back telling me I'm finally ready to have more time alone with her. This is a good distraction to help me from thinking about the commotion earlier.

"Adashino-san" her once pure and perky voice was now laced with something dangerous. "Let's talk." She says continuing towards the garden.

"Oy Mayura! What the hell was that?! Locking me in a barrier talisman, what are you up to!" Rokuro says catching his breath. Mayura scratches head letting her top ride up a little bit more exposing her toned body.

"Still as noisy as ever, Roku" she sighs smiling.

"Dont keep me waiting Adashino-san." she says before proceeding outside after a wink.

"What are we gonna talk about?" Rokuro asks obviously feeling left out. I turned to Kinu and handed her my child, who let out whimpers of protest.

I'll be the one to talk to her." I said in a low voice leaving him unable to reply.

Mayura was sitting on one of the white outdoor chairs that adorned the well maintained garden. She breathes in the air exagerrately making a content sound.
"What a nice house. I always envisioned myself living in a house like this with the husband I love." She looks at me with her kind expression, like the old Mayura I know. "I'm taking him back Adashino-san." She says as if its matter of fact.

"What?" I asked dazed.

"I'm taking my Rokuro back. Thank you for taking care of him while Im gone." She says with that mockingly bright smile she had on her face. "We'll be going now, take care Adashino-san."

She changed. I was always scared of what she could do, now she's back and something tells me this is not going to be easy.