XIX: Purified

"What do you think you're doing?" his voice was cold, his distaste dominant.

My natural reaction was to be on the defensive. "What does it matter to you?" I say quietly clutching on his shirt that covers my body. I walked silently towards the door to dismiss myself but I think he plans to make this more difficult. He grabbed me forcefully causing me to stumble on my feet but he quickly pins me into the wall to avoid crashing onto the floor.

I am ashamed I cant even look him in the eyes. I'm ashamed of how I acted. My arms start to hurt from his hold but I choose to keep quiet.

"I just want you to want me Rokuro. Even just once." My confession was like thick poison in the air between us.
"To think that it's acceptable to let them oggle you, so you'll let other boys do this?" All of a sudden, his lips crashed into mine in such a force I've never felt from him before. He's angry and he's kissing me to prove something. He forced my mouth open with his,unrelenting.

My arms hurt. Silent tears fall from my eyes as I match the intensity given by his lips. He broke away noticing my reaction.

"I'm sorry." His hands slowly let my arms go. Our foreheads touched as he said sorry again and again.

"Its my fault. I wasnt thinking." I offered.

"I dont want to lose control when Im with you Benio." He buried his face into my neck. "But that doesnt mean I dont want you." Soft kisses were planted on my neck leaving me breathless. "I really want you, more than you know." His voice was dark, as if he's still trying to hold himself back with all his strength.

My shaking hands grabbed his face and pulled him into a kiss. With this kiss, I aim to put all his worries away.
It was consuming, something I have never felt before. His hands roamed my body gently letting me feel his warmth.

"I love you." I whispered. His eyes soften, he's happy. He held me against him tightly.

"I really love you even if youre an idiot sometimes." He says playfully earning a chuckle from me.

"Youre the one who's lucky,baka." I countered leaving small kisses on his jaw. The moonlight illuminates his room as we lay on the floor holding each other. He laced his fingers through mine raising it in the air, letting the moonlight shine on it.

A sudden surge of power ran through my body. This is familiar.

"Resonance?" We whisper at the same time staring at the faint white glow sorrounding our intertwined hands.

"My powers are back!" I exclaimed.
"Thank goodness." He sighed in relief. "I really need some boost everytime I fight. Only you can keep up with me." A rare compliment from this boy.
I beamed at him letting my feelings show. I'm so happy that I'm with you.

"I have to tell you something." He says sitting up looking so serious of a sudden.

"What's wrong?"

He waved his hands. "No, no. Nothing is wrong I'm just nervous." He looks like he's validating if there's something he should say. "Everyone calls us a couple but in reality were not married yet."

"What of it?" I cant still get to the point of what he wants to say.

"Marry me." His eyes were wide, full of resolve and hope. These eyes were the eyes that I would like to look at everytime I wake up for the rest of my life. Putting my arms around him, I whispered my answer.

"You know you need a ring when you propose right?" I joked.

"Yeah but I want to marry you as soon as I can before anything crazy happens." He always look like a child when he says things like that.

"I'll marry you right now if that's what what you like." I let our cheeks touch sharing each others warmth and beating hearts. "I'll marry you as many times as you like." I stroked his hair as he slowly put his arms around my waist.

"As long as it's you Rokuro." He smiled happily and sighed in contentment.

In the dark of night, I found my happiness. I plunged into the abyss many times and he always pulls me back but Rokuro has darkness inside him as well and I have to keep him with me everytime he loses his ground.

In sadness I found him.

In suffering I found peace.

In the darkness I found love.

                             -end-