XII: Revive

Pain was everywhere. I cannot pinpoint, every part of my body that aches. But one thing does stand out, the pain from my waist down felt like fire burning wildly not willing to be extinguished.

"Let's try one more time." a woman says though I cannot be sure who she's referring to because she sounds so far. Maybe if I call them they would help me. To no avail, I cannot make any part of my body move. I felt like I was super glued to where I was laying.

"Clear!" a man says. Suddenly a very uncomfortable sensation traveled all throughout my body making me more and more sensitive to the pain everywhere. It was like tiny pinches on my skin forcing me awake. A sequenced beeping sound dominated my mind distracting me from the pain.

"Heartbeat stable!" Someone announced, the woman who seemed distant earlier sounds like she's beside me now. I felt people touching me, wiping cold damp cloth all over my body yet I cannot show any response to them.

I want to ask them about my daughter, Rokuro, erveryone else but any amount of effort I can think of cannot be transferred to action.

"You have to rest to fully recover from this." A kind voice of a woman says, Mistress Subaru. I really want to move my arms to hold on to her yet no energy can flow to my limbs.

"Thank you for everything Mistress." I whispered in my head. Everything was well so I let myself drift off to gain energy back.

I have no idea how long I stay like this, so restricted, unresponsive but when I wake up, I promise to make sure they all know how I felt about each and everyone of them.