XIII: Safe

My eyes fluttered open, thankful that the light was dimmed down and only a low light of the lamp in the corner illuminates the room. A few blinks after, I'm well adjusted as I scan the room around me.

Lightly snoring was Rokuro, propped in the chair beside the bed. He sleeps like this when he was tired after training. He must have been very tired lately. One of his hands were splayed on the edge of my bed so I slowly touched his palm with my index finger, circling lightly. His snoring stopped and his nose twitched, waking up. His crimson eyes opened lazily, looking at me not registering quite yet that I am awake now.

"Hmm?" He rubbed his eyes, stretching his arms. He jerked away as if he saw a ghost in front if him earning a weak pout from me.

"Benio?!" He came closer slowly,carefully like I might vanish into thin air if he releases a breath.

"Are you tired?" I say acknowledging the dark circles under his eyes. He just shook his head excessively as his lips tremble holding back his tears. "If you keep that up you'll beat Seigen's dark undereyes." I joked, my throat feeling scratchy and dry. He finally bursts out crying loudly, burrying his face into my neck.

"I thought I lost you Benio. You were dead, I cant... I dont..." he sobbed as if I had never woken up at all. My hand patted his hair to calm him down.

"I'm fine. I am Adashino Benio, I dont die easy." I assured him rewarding me with his brilliant smile. An image of Miyuki' smile filled my mind all of a sudden.

"Miyuki?" I prepared myself for the worst. His lips touched my cheek as he whispers, "She's wonderful." My heart flooded with warmth thanking all the spirits in heavens that she's okay. I wouldnt know what I would do if she's hurt.

"Get better Benio, focus on that." He ordered gently. "Are you hungry?" He asks remembering that I havent eaten for quite a while now. I shook my head.

"I'm not sure if I'm allowed to eat yet." I say wondering.

"Oh yeah, youre right." A growling stomach not belonging to me had him blushing.

"Go eat, Ill be fine." I urged him out of the room but he didnt move.

"But.." his brows furrowed, searching for a reason I'll approve of.

"Benio-saaaan!" Subaru says happily running to me. Tatara was behind him handing Rokuro a paper bag, maybe food. She hugged me with gentleness, careful not to move any tube stuck in my skin. "I'm so happy you're okay!" She exclaims.

"Thank you Subaru-sama." I told her as gunuinely as I could. Rokuro started eating like it was his last supper across the room. I missed this, I cant deny it. No matter how noisy it is, how chaotic, I missed being in the middle of all of this.

"You dont know how much you missed. Ill get you caught up in no time." Subaru-sama promised. I am so grateful that I have them with me.

The huge glass window in my room let the daylight enter letting me know its already another day.
"Okay! Benio! The doctor says you may eat now so I prepared the Rokuro-deluxe!" He says prouldy presenting a nicely wrapped bento. I gladly accept it knowing he might have exerted tons of effort for it. It's better than I expected giving me a hint that Kinu might have meddled with it.

I was full and happy as more and more people come to visit. The guardians, even Arima was here giving me bouquets and small presents.

Subaru came later than anyone else but she brought the present I want the most.

"Miyuki.."