"Look, I can't okay..."

(Hi guys! It's been some years since I've been active and I totally know that! I see some of you have been actively still reading my stories, especially this one and I want to thank you! As a thank you I want to let you know I am actively working on rewriting this as I've grown as a writer and as a person! Please note it probably won't be as accurate to the story as before because it's been years since I've seen ninja turtles, but I promise to do my best to bring you guys a great story! 12/2/2023)

"KIIYAAH!" She flips and flies through the air and lands on top of the ledge. "Congratulations Ronnie! You've earned your black belt!" I smile and clap. "Do you want to try again April?" "Even though it'll never work? Sure why not." I roll my eyes. "Hajume!" I run and flip over the obstacles in my way, grab onto the metal bar, swing, then flip off and fly through the air. Trying to land on the ledge, I then miss and hit it. "Ughhhhh!" "Better luck next time!" Veronica jumps down from the ledge and lands on her feet. "Look, I can't okay... It's just I'm too short! Everyone in this dojo is tall and has height to their advantage, I'm barely 5'0 what can I do about that?! Nothing!" "You're not that short!" Veronica helps me up. "How tall are you Ronnie?..." I give her a look. "5'5" "you're five inches taller than me......" "Oh wow... Okay.." "April, it's not that you're short, it's that you're not thinking straight..." He looks at the others sparring. "Yame! Practice is over all of you, I will see you next week and I expect to see improvement. Especially from you Lawrence." I bow to my Sensei. "Hai sensei, I'll try my best." We go into the locker rooms and change. I put on my black t-shirt, and my black skinny jeans and black converse. We walk out the dojo with our bags. "Great job today Ronnie." She smiles. "You too don't worry about it! I'm sure next week you'll have it dow-" "hey pretty ladies." We roll our eyes and keep walking. "I'm sure you heard me." We keep going and on grabs my arm. I yank my arm away. "Back up asshole." I push him back. We go to walk off again but there are more in front of us. "What's in here?!" He tanks my bag away. "Just clothes.." He throws it down. "Hey!" Veronica and I nod to each other and we get in fighting stance. "Let's go guys? What are you intimidated by two whittle girls?!" I mock them. "Get em boys!" We flip off walls and use our karate skills to take them down. No problem. No issue.. But there's more and we're cornered. "Shit.." Veronica mutters under her breath. "Well... Yolo!" We run towards them and start attacking them but then we hear a thud. They stop attacking us. There are four shadows in front of us. "Leave them alone!" A raspy voice shoots out and the guys attack them. Their speed. The power on who ever those people are is amazing! I find it rather impressive. "Are you okay?" I go to speak but find out I can't. All that coming out of my mouth is a beeping noise.

I sit up in bed and turn off the alarm. Saturday morning and I have the whole dojo to myself all day and night because I need to practice my moves. I get up and get ready for the day. I look in the mirror as I brush my long hair. I seriously need a hair cut. I put it in a loose braid and go down the stairs. "Why you all dolled up?" I laugh at Carries question. "I'm only wearing mascara and lipstick." She laughs. "What I meant to say is why are you dressed?" "Well I'm heading to breakfast with my karate teacher and her daughter. Also, I thought you should know, I'm not going to be home until late today because of practice." "Alright just make sure to call if you need anything." I nod and hug her. "Thanks aunt Carrie, see you later." I walk out the house and walk down the block to Dunkin Donuts. I go to walk in but sense someone behind me so I turn around.. Hmm no one. I look up. No one. I shrug and walk into the place. "Hey!" They wave to me. "Hey guys." "I ordered your favourite." She smiles and we both say it at the same time. "Smores hot chocolate with a bacon egg and cheese croissant, with hash browns."  I high five her and hug my teacher that's helping me practice today. We soon head over to the dojo and I change my clothes. She helps me practice but I can't get it and she needs to be somewhere. So not basically I free roam practicing little things here and there. I then hear something crash. I immediately stand up. "Who's there?" I stand in fighting stance. "It's just me! Sorry! I left my bag." I sigh in relief. "Okay." I continue to practice but stop, when my phone rings. I answer to Veronica. "Hey Ronnie what's up?" I put her on speaker, "Okay, so I know I'm supposed to be doing my own science project but I need HELP!" "Ugh, okay. Did you combine the Ethanol with the H 2 O 2 and the petroleum jelly like I told you too?" "The what the what and the what?" I sigh, "the alcohol with the peroxide and Vaseline..." "Ohhhh yes!" "Then did you combine it with the sodium bicarbonate and the mini chamber copolymers?" "Huh?" "Ugh... I'll be there right now.. Just.. Don't touch anything." I hang up. I reach for the key but it's not there. "Hmm?" I look over to the wall and it seems my naginata was the thing that fell. I pick it up and give it a few twirls before putting it back. I feel in my pocket that the keys are there and I walk out locking up the dojo. I lock the door and slide the keys into my shoe. It's uncomfortable but no one can steal them from me this way. I start walking home. I roll my eyes at the fact that Ronnie can't do her science project because she told me she didn't need help... But that's her.. but I'm cut off in my thoughts by a crash followed by a voice saying "crap!" I turn around. No one... I then start running. I'm not getting caught by anyone today. I'm not up for a fight.