Chapter 18

The Invitation and Coffee With Claire

When I get back to Wisconsin State University, I walk into The Dorms building and down the hall to I and Caitlin's dorm to change out of my fitness clothes and change into something causal, something a little more down to earth. The dorm is empty so I quickly strip naked and change into a pair of light blue denim jeans, a pair of white TOMs, a grey sweater with a white cute and furry kitten in the center and then out my golden dorm key into my back pocket slowly.

I pin my hair in a messy yet beautiful bun quickly but, as I begin to leave out I have realized I have stepped on something. What is this?, I think to myself. I kneel down and pick it up, begin to squint with my eyes. It is an invitation. I open the invitation and begin to read it quietly to myself:

                    The Frat House
         Halloween Costume Party

    Time: 9:30-11:30
   Place: The Alpha EOZ Frat House
Beer! Food! Wine! Drugs! Money!
When: October 31

Wear your best costume and come on down to party like there's no tomorrow with us!

I cringe at the words "Drugs!," "Beer!,"
and "Party like there's no tomorrow with us!" But, then I smile weakly. Maybe, I should go, I'm never really one for parties and never have been but, I would love to go. It would be a lot of fun, I think to myself. I smile one time and then stash the invitation into my pocket quickly and walk out of the dorm.

Just as I am walking out of the dorm and closing it shut, I see a short girl with long and shiny beautiful blonde hair. She turns around to me after shutting her dorm door and it is Claire Jones. "Claire!" I exclaimed, excitedly. "Mel." Claire cheers. We both end up running towards each other and gives each other a warm and friendly hug.

"I'm bored. What do you want to do?" Claire asks, running her small fingers through her blonde hair slowly. "Let's have coffee." I say, happily. "Cool. I know a great coffee shop called The Original Coffeehouse. They have the best maple lattes in the world." Claire raves, happily.

We walk outside on the campus and then over to the parking lot of Wisconsin State University where my car lyes. "Your car is cool. I need to really go get me a car." She says, smiling and jumping into the passenger seat once I unlock the car doors. I jump into the front seat, stick my key into the engine, and let it roar to life.

Then, we drove off of the campus of Wisconsin State University and onto the abandoned streets of downtown Wisconsin.

⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫

We walk over to the glass doors of The Original Coffeehouse and open the doors, beginning to walk inside slowly after I finding a parking spot and locking the car doors. Inside, there are white clothed small tables everywhere and the airwaves is filled with sweet coffee scent.

I inhale the sweet coffee scent and once we find an empty small table we walk over and take our seats across from each other. Wow, this is so beautiful, I would love to spend my Saturday mornings like this, I think to myself. "This is beautiful. I like it here." I say, smiling. "I know right." Claire says, nodding.

A dirty blonde waitress walks over to us with a pencil and a small notepad in her hand. "Hello, I'm Zoey. What you girls like to drink?" Zoey asks, nicely. "Maple latte, please." We both say at the exact same time. We end up laughing and smiling, too.

"Ok, I'll be right back." Zoey says, giggling a little bit and then walks away slowly. "Hey, Melissa, you should come over to my parent's house tomorrow night for Sunday dinner. We always have Sunday dinners it's kind of a tradition for us." Claire suggests. "Okay, I will. I would love to meet your parents." I say, happily.

A few minutes later, Zoey cones back with our maple lattes and give it to us. "Thanks." I say, politely. "I got an invitation to this Frat house Costume Party. We should go together." I suggest, excitedly. "I got the same invitation, too. Well, I think every gas gotten. We should go." Caitlin says.

"I have never been to a Frat house party before."

"Me either. But, I'll go if you'll go."

"Ok, then I will go."

"Do you have any siblings?" I ask her, curiously and then I take a small sip of my maple latte. "Yes. I have a brother. Well, a stepbrother. His a freshmen and English major at Wisconsin State University like me." She says, rambling on and on. I get a gut feeling that I think I know who she's talking about but, I ignore it.

There's a buzzing coming from my back pocket so I quickly grab my iPhone out of my pocket and the screen shows that is it a text from Justin. It is a text from Justin. I open it and read it:

After working out for a hour, I have finished. I will be coming back to WSU. When I come back, you want to hang out?

I reply back:

Maybe later I'm actually out having coffee with a new friend. Bye.

After I send the message to Justin, I slip my phone back into my back pocket and begin to chitchat with Claire about the weather, our favorite female authors, and our favorite rom-coms like Harry Met Sally and Pretty Woman. And, then we drive back to Wisconsin State University after we pay for our bill.

Author's Note |• BabygirlBieberBlair

IMPORTANT NOTE!!

I hope you guys really read these chapter and the previous chapters because I feel like none of my readers or followers read my story, they just vote and comment. I hope you guys really understand and appreciate the story and chapters I have written (5 hours a day!) Because I try my best at everything I do and write.

Vote! comment! Read! share!

Ily guys!!