Chapter 48

The Skating Shack & Movies

After a few minutes of driving around, We finally reach a tall brick wall building that has a black and white neon sign that says: The Skating Shack. I see a couple of skaters with snapbacks and Converse skating on the sidewalk and smiling and laughing.

"We're here. This is The Skating Shack." He announces, happily with a bright smile. "Wow. This is.... something." I say, softly. I am a nervous wreck as I jump out of Justin's car and I wipe my sweaty palms on my dark blue denim skinny jeans. As I Justin walk over to the glass doors of The Skating Shack, I swear I can feel everyone's eyes on and I bite my lip nervously.

I hate this type of attention, I think to myself. "I'm nervous and I can feel everyone's eyes on me, Justin." I admit, truthfully. "Don't be. I'm right here, Mel. I'm here for you." He assures me. He grabs me small hand and lace it with mine and soon my nerves and insecurities go away in a second.

Inside of The Skating Shack, there are large ramps, a vending machine, a skateboard shopping center, a snack shopping center, and a small food court. It smells like sweat, tears, and must and I try to hide my disgust if this horrible smell with a fake smile.

Green Day and The Killers music blast loudly through the huge and big black speakers. "This is cool." I say, quietly.
"I know I haven't been here in forever. Since I got into college." He admits, with a small smile.

A chubby man with a glasses and a couple of tattoos walks over to us slowly with huge grin on his. "Justin, man your back it's nice to see you, Mr. B Ball!" The chubby man exclaims, happily. "Hey, Ron, it's been a long time since I been here, dude." He says, happily. Who is this Ron?,
I think to myself. They quickly shake hands with a small smile.

"And you is this pretty woman right here?" He asks, smirking and looking at me. I quickly turn away from him and cringe. I know he isn't talking to me, I think to myself.

Justin quickly wraps his long and lanky arm our my small shoulder and pulls me closer to his side. "This is Mel. And she is.....is....my..." He stutters, nervously and chewing the inside of his cheek.

He looks so adorable when his stuttering, it reminds of Hugh Grant or something, I think to myself.

"Girlfriend. I'm Mel, his girlfriend." I lie, grabbing Ron's hand and shaking it quickly with a fake and bright smile plastered across my face.

⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫

Justin's POV.

Girlfriend?

She said she was my girlfriend?,
I think to myself.

She completely lying but, it seems like it was more than that and that it something behind that meaningless white lie she had just told my old skateboarding mentioned Ron.

"Wow. Justin, this your girlfriend. Your doing pretty well for yourself and I can tell she's going to be a keeper." Ron says, happily. No she's not, especially when I her that I actually love her, I think to myself.

"Yeah, you got that right." I mutter.
"Justin, come over to the skateboarding shopping center to show Mel your old skateboard." He suggests, happily. "Yeah, sure." I say, shrugging my shoulder carelessly.

As Ron leads us over to the skateboarding shopping center, I and Mel walk behind him talking amongst ourselves.

"Thanks." I whisper, softly, with a small smile. "No probably, Justin." She whispers back.

We finally get out over to The Skating Shack's shopping center we got into the back. In the back, There countless old skateboards from broken down ones to dusty and fragile ones.