Chapter 28

Picnic At A Park

We drive to a park in downtown Wisconsin called Avery Park and Ethan parks his car in a parking lot.
At the Avery Park, their is a playground, a trail to the woods, a hill, a lake, and large field. Maple and oak trees flood the Avery Park endlessly.

I jump out of the car and we begin to walk onto the Avery Park property together. "What are we doing here?" I ask, curiously. "I wanted to do something special for you." He says, softly. "You don't have to do special things for me. I'm not special at all." I say, quietly.

"Mel, you have to some tearing yourself down. You are beautiful, gifted, talented, and down to earth. You are special. You are special to me" He says, smiling. "Ok." I mutter.

We walk over to the large field to find a bag of tuna sandwiches, Pepsi soda cans, M&M's, hot dogs, and French fries sit on top of a red checkered picnic blanket.

"For.....me." I stutter, excitedly with a small smile. "No, Mel. For us." He says, softly. He grabs my small wrist and we begin to walk down the large field.
"This is amazing, Ethan." I say, happily and grab a can of soda, opening it and beginning to take small sips.

"I know." He says, quietly. I grab him by the collar of his dark blue plaid shirt and kiss me slowly. He sits up and grabs my wrist, pinning me to the ground.

"I....I want." I moan softly, into his mouth as we are still kissing. This....seems wrong but, it feels right. I mean I don't belong to Justin, but, I'm beginning to feel that, I think to myself. I push back and lock up my secret uncontrollable and undeniable romantic feelings for Justin and focus on kissing and loving Ethan.

I shove him back, grab a tuba sandwich, and throw it at him, tuna falls all over this white V-neck and I begin to laugh loudly. "Food fight!" I yell, loudly grabbing one more tuna sandwich and throwing, this time end up all over his bruised face.

He laughs and wipe the tuna off of his stained shirt and face and grabs a tuna sandwich. I begin to run quickly, as fast as I can up the hill. He rubs behind me holding the tuna sandwich in his hand.

As if the tuna sandwich was a football, he threw it at, landing on my back. He grabs ahold of me and we trip over a small rock and I end up rolling down the hill in Ethan's arms laughing and smiling.

I end up on top of him and his hand hold my waist and go down to give him a kiss. "Let's go. I hate food on me." I complain, softly. "Ok." He says, laughing a little bit.

"You should come to my mom's Thanksgiving dinner next month." I suggest, softly as I hop off top of Ethan and begin to stand awkwardly.

"Yes I should. I remember we used to make hand turkeys and color them. Those were the good times." He says, smiling, getting up off the ground. We begin to walk up the hill and over to the large field to clean up our mess we left everywhere on the ground and on the picnic

My mom always use to have these Thanksgiving dinners in November, she and the rest of my aunt's and grandmothers would cook up a huge meal, my dad and uncles and cousins would play a game of football in the backyard, and I and Ethan would draw and color hand turkeys. But, now everything has changed, people have left, and life must go on.

"Are you dressing up for the Frat house costume party?" He asks, curiously. I have forgotten that the Frat house costume party is next week with the situation going on with Ethan and Justin. "Yes. But, I don't know what to wear." I admit.

We begin to clean up our Jess and threw everything away in the Avery Park trash. Next, We walk over to Ethan's car, jump in, put our seats belts on, and speed fast down the streets of Wisconsin.

⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫

We drive back to Wisconsin State University a few moments later as we pull into the shiny black gates I see a tall figure and short figure hugging romantically. I smile at the sight of the lucky unknown couple but, once we get closer to the two figures my bright smile slowly turns into a sad and mad frown once I see the two figures are Justin and Tori.

What the hell is he doing with her?,
I ask myself. Mel, don't get mad or upset, that is what Justin wants you to do, his playing this treacherous game and if get mad, he will win, My subconscious tells me. My subconscious is right, I going to stop being angry and be petty, I'm going to let Justin know that he will always win the battle, but I will always win the war.

(Vote!!! Comment!!! Read!!! Share!!!" I hope you guys like how Mel and Justin are trying to make each other jealous by playing this petty game and how they are locking up their feelings for each other. ily guys)