Marina Simmons... What?

It was like blinking. Except, when you opened your eyes, a whole new scenario unravelled before you. Merry-Sue hadn't felt like she moved at all. And perhaps she hadn't; perhaps what changed wasn't her location.

"Sam," the shorter, bald scientist half-whispered and Merry-Sue realized she wasn't alone, "What do we do with that strange cave specimin?"

Sam shrugged, "Beats me, Larry, I wasn't really expecting the time machine to work. We should try to get her back home, I guess."

Merry-Sue pulled a long, thin bone out of her hair like it was a sword and pointed it intimidatingly at Sam and Larry, "No one is doing anything until you tell me what's going on. You have no choice, I command you."

Larry's mouth curved into a crooked grin and he almost chuckled, "You command us? On what grounds?"

"You do as I say," Merry-Sue swung her 'sword' frantically from one scientist to the other, "I am the future queen!"

Sam coughed, "Not to rain on your parade, but you're in the 21st century, about 3000 years ahead of your time. So, technically speaking, you cannot be the future queen."

Merry-Sue blinked.

"You're in the future," Larry explained, "You tampered with our time machine and ended up 3000 years in the future. Do you understand now?"

"The future is a huge white room?" Merry-Sue puzzled, gazing around the suprisingly small lab. They must not have been very recognized scientists.

"No, no," Larry said, "There's an exit right there-"

"LARRY!" Sam holered, "Do not make conversation with the cave woman. We need to get her home immediately!"

"NO," Merry-Sue said, the arm in which she held her bone shaking severely, inches from Sam's nose, "You can't take me back there! I will not marry my scary vampire-uncle's lame son!"

Sam and Larry exchanged glances, the latter commenting, "Do you think she's crazy?"

"I think we need to GET HER BACK HOME!"

"Don't you think maybe we could keep her.....? You know, for research purposes?"

"You cannot date a cave woman!"

"I didn't want to date her! You're just like my mother Samuel! I don't go for every girl!"

There was a loud bang and both scientists snapped their heads in the direction of the door, only to find a huge, Merry-Sue shaped crack in the wall right beside the exit. Immediately, they rushed out onto the street and saw a distressed, white blur sprinting down the street.

"We'll never catch her, I quit the gym on January second!" Sam scratched his scalp, "What now?"

Larry shrugged.

Meanwhile, Merry-Sue had already been two blocks away. She cast a glance behind her back, making sure no one was following her. Her lungs had begun complaining but, even so, she kept running at a steady pace for a couple of minutes. The lab was located on the ground floor of Larry's mother's house, relatively near midtown, so there were quite a few pedestrians turning their heads and puzzling over a cave girl in a wedding dress and bones in her hair running around town, almost getting run over a couple of times.

When her legs began giving out, Merry-Sue decided to look back once more before stopping. There were no scientists tailing her, but- CRASH - there was someone right in front of her.

"Hey, haven't you heard of someone trying to read a book while walking," the tall brunette Merry-Sue had crashed into extended her hands before where she was spravled on the ground and felt for her glassed. When the rectangular, red object Merry-Sue thought was just like the one that scientist was wearing, the girl picked up her book, stood up and dusted herself off. Just then did she notice the strange cave girl.