Chapter 8: You're Sorry? Too Bad

I didn't skip school after my dramatic exit simply because I wasn't brave enough to do so, and I had a paper due for French: my final period that day.

So as soon as the final bell rang, I was the first person to flee the building, sprinting to the bike shed as fast as I could - which wasn't that fast considering the fact that I was always one of the last people picked for teams in gym class. Although, I do think Michelle has a hand in my lack of popularity in gym class.

My phone buzzed for the umpteenth time today, displaying yet another text from my friends. Blake had tried calling me all throughout French, pleading me to talk to him since I obviously wasn't okay. But I just rejected his calls, hoping he'd get the message that I need space to dwell in my frustration.

As I turned the corner, I came to an abrupt halt when I saw a familiar figure leaning against my bike, drumming their fingers on their toned thigh. Clad in stonewashed jeans, a snug grey sweatshirt and a burgundy beanie, I'd say this guy was asking me to sock his face by showing up next to my bicycle. How did he even know which one of the bikes were mine?

"What on earth are you doing here?" I barked, pushing my curls out of my face and stomping towards the bike shed.

My voice was shrill enough to cut through his headphones and catch his attention. I could have sworn that his cheeks held a tinge of pink, but when he looked up, all I could see was his usual stormy eyes, a mess of blond hair and a deep scowl.

For once, Tyler remained silent, as if he himself wasn't quite sure as to why he was here.

Taking a couple of steps forward, I crossed my arms over my chest and tried to calm the erratic beating in my chest. I wasn't so sure if it was because of my increasing anger or just the surprise of his presence. Either way, I was about to go on a rampage and whoop this guy's ass if he didn't remove himself any moment soon.

"So?" I prompted him, my voice coming out cold. "You've already robbed me of possible college place and now you want to waste my time? Get lost Tyler and do the world a favour by never getting found again."

"Now that's a slight exaggeration," He retorted, raising his eyebrows.

The amused glint in his eyes only made my anger swell up to the size of a balloon, inflating with each second that he held my gaze, daring me to look away. We stared at each other for a very long minute before I sighed heavily, realising that Tyler just wasn't worth my time.

"I really don't care," I retorted, "Just move out of my way."

I attempted to barge past him, but he didn't budge. He just remained put, staring up at me with a blank yet unnerving expression.

"Move!"

He shook his head slightly and opened his mouth to say something before closing it again. Taking off his beanie, Tyler held it limply in one hand whilst the other worked through his hair, feathering the straw strands until they stood tall and upright. As his mouth continued to work soundlessly, I huffed with frustration and grinded my teeth together. Why was he being difficult and what did he want from me?

Glaring at Tyler, I watched his eyes flicker all over the concrete ground, wandering aimlessly as he wrinkled his nose. I detected that personality trait of his, knowing all too well he was thinking deeply about what to say to me and that notion made me unclench my fists and exhale heavily. That was until I remembered that he was the reason Ms Smith was going to fail us and so I clenched fists again, this time digging my nails into my palms.

"Tyler James Miller, if you don't move out of my way right this minute, I will not be held responsible when I rip off your ballsack and stuff it up your ass. Do you hear me?"