Chapter 17: Truanting With A Pro

[A/N: Surprise dedication to googlemoogel. Hope you're enjoying this story and comment your thoughts. I'd love to hear them. Enjoy this chapter everybody. Song for the chapter:
- Tracy Chapman // Fast Car
- Jason Walker // Echo]

"Blake she's smiling again."

Cat green eyes suddenly entered my line of vision; black hair tickled my forehead and the sea-green eyes behind my lids dissolved away into the darkness. The illuminous eyes before me flickered with amusement, making me gasp at how close they were to me. I could make out every detail; the moss green flecks that contrasted greatly with the pale green iris.

Blake blinked and thick black lashes swept down for a split second before revealing the pale green forest again. Suddenly, his eyes became smaller as he rose and moved away from me. He stood up to his full height and stretched his muscles, still eyeing me with a cocky grin plastered onto his thin lips.

Jerking back from him, the plastic of my chair groaned in protest to the amount of weight I was using to reel away from my friend. Green eyes sparkled as he flopped back down into his seat, grinning with amusement.

"Yup, she's smiling. Something is definitely going on."

Blinking slowly at my friends, I scowled deeply at them for snatching me away from my daydreams. Okay, so maybe I was reminiscing about my walk home with Tyler on Friday night but it wasn't my fault that his company was really nice. I'd never thought I'd be this eager to hang out with him again; even if it was just to bake for our assignment.

Despite our two laughing fits on Friday night, we managed to walk the remainder of the journey home in the most comforting silence I had ever experienced. It was those kind of silences that didn't need small talk or music to fill it because we were both absorbed in our own minds.

My lips stretched up when I heard his contagious laugh echo through my mind and I had to bite back my own chuckle. I had forgotten how infectious his laugh was. It was the type that the entire class would laugh at because his laugh was funnier than the joke.

"She's doing it again," Mona sang.

This time I was prepared for her approaching brown eyes as she leaned forward. I leaned back into my chair even more but that didn't hold her back from stopping half a metre away from my face.

"Doing what?" I snapped at my friends as they chewed smugly on their tuna sandwiches.

"Smiling like a you just discovered that Tupac is alive and living in Cuba. Did something happen between you and Tyler?"

Sea-green eyes popped up in my mind; emotionless and unblinking, but then suddenly they were laughing like they did that night and my insides flipped repeatedly like a pancake. It was a slow kind of flip, like I was soaring in the air before my insides turned abruptly - in a good way.

"No!" I said quickly, far too quickly.

Mona grinned at Blake and Blake grinned at Mona. Then they turned at the same time and grinned at me.

"Leave me alone," I grumbled, sinking lower in my seat and hiding behind my hair.

"What could have Mr Grumpy have possibly done to make Mrs Grumpy smile like that."

Shaking my head, I stared down at my discarded chicken wrap. Pulling the wrapper further down, I held it up to my mouth, pausing when I felt the weight of two pair of eyes.

"Nothing happened, okay?"

"Sure, and MJ is still alive in Cuba too," Mona drawled, flattening her red bob before flashing Blake a wink.