Chapter 43: My Hand, His Crotch...Talk About Awkward!

[A/N: Double update yesterday and another early update? Show me some love and vote :) Literally, first thing every morning I check your comments and just asdfghjklasdfghjkl. Enjoy! ❤️]

Our fourth attempt at making the six-layered rainbow cake was currently in the oven, filling the entire house an aroma that made my mouth water like a rapid dog. We were currently sitting cross-legged on Taylor's bed after I suggested that we finish boxing up the last items that we didn't manage to get around to last time. Surprisingly, it wasn't as difficult, although my chest lurched all the photographs I took down from her wall.

Thank god it was all over now but the room looked ridiculously bare, empty and desolate like the space in my heart Taylor left when she passed away. I was grateful that Tyler was posing a great distraction even though he was irritating me with his constant bickering.

We were arguing about his sister's infamous pranks and whether they were better than his; which I definitely believed they were. Obviously my argument was biased because I helped her set up most - okay, all - of them but Tyler didn't know that and I didn't intend for him to ever find out, until my loose tongue accidentally let it slip.

"Adding black hair dye to her shampoo was pretty epic but it was absolutely nothing compared to the day when we - I mean, when she - cut your hair off at the beach house!" I clamped a hand over my mouth at my small error but it didn't go unnoticed. "Don't remember how you screamed the whole house down when you woke up with hair all over your pillow?"

Oh oh. I trailed off when his sea-green eyes flashed.

"We?" Tyler echoed, completely ignoring my attempt to divert my tongue slip. "What do you mean we?"

"I didn't say we..." I laughed nervously, biting my fingernail to hide the tension that made my face feel tighter than a mask.

"I can tell when you're lying Ash," He edged closer to me so that our knees were pressed against each other. "Your voice goes all high and squeaky."

"N-No it doesn't," I squawked before clearing my voicing and making it noticeably deep. "It most definitely does not!"

"Does too."

My eyes flickered between his and I gave up on trying to lie my way out. Who cares if he finds out the truth? He was bound to figure it out sooner or later. Giving him a flat look, I raised my eyebrows and cradled my knees so that I was no longer distracted by the sensations of his leg brushing against mine.

"Well who do you think gave her the idea to cut your hair?" I spared him a glance, trying not to laugh at his pursed lips and bulging eyes. "You pulled an asshole move by emptying her suitcase out!"

With an incredulous expression, his mouth opened and closed repeatedly like a goldfish.

"You told her to cut my hair?" Tyler echoed in a highly pitched voice that sounded like a squeak towards the end. "Why would you do that?"

I couldn't hold back my smirk let alone the echoing bark that left my lips. Tyler unfolded his legs so that they were sprawled to the side, hanging off the edge of bed as he leaned forward by planting one arm between us.

He studied my face, not quite believing the smugness that coated my voice.

"You've always underestimated me Ty," I laughed and waved my hand dismissively. "Who else do you think came up with all of Taylor's mastermind pranks?"

He gaped at me, struggling to come to terms with the revelation that I wasn't as innocent as he believed. After blinking at me numerous times, he finally managed to pick his jaw up off the ground, locking it in place by clenching his jaw.