Chapter 51: Run! Run For Your Life!

[A/N: Songs for the chapter:
- The 1975 // Robbers
- One Direction // One Way Or Another
]

"No way Mona, no freaking way!"

I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned away from her pleading puppy dog eyes. Focusing on Mr Reid's dreary tone gave me more comfort than her proposition to make Tyler and Blake make up. Sure I wanted to mend their broken friendship as much as she did, if not more, but this wasn't my business to stick my nose into. This was between Blake and Tyler. We had no place in forcing them to reconnect. And by 'force', Mona was willing to take very, very drastic measures.

"Why not?" She whined, dangling a set of stolen keys in front of my face. "We can lock them in the janitors closet and keep them there until they sort their differences out."

The absurdity of her plan made my mouth hang open as I gawked at her in disbelief.

"No way! Absolutely no freaking way!" I hissed, sinking into my seat when our teacher shot me a death glare. "There's wanting to help the boys and then there's creating a big mess. And you, Mona, are overstepping the line here."

Her brown eyes flashed with exasperation and she jingled the keys loudly before shoving them into her pocket.

"Look, I'm just trying to help Blake," Her voice was curt but laced with hurt because I had accused her of making things worse. "After Tyler complimented our cheesecake in the Home Ec. assignment, Blake was on cloud nine and I want him to see him that happy again. Lately he's been moping around, stressed about the games the team have been losing and I wanna make him happy again."

She had a point right there. After my condom prank on our first day back, both my friends forgave me after a day of silent treatment but what never ceased to amaze me was just how elated Blake was that entire week. The small words he and my boyfriend exchanged before the winter break sent him into a spiral of destructive happiness. He chattered constantly about Tyler, gushing with happiness that he had a new surge of hope that he could make things work out with his best buddy again.

Problem was, Blake had no idea how to go about it and I was pretty sure Tyler wasn't emotionally ready to rekindle their friendship. My boyfriend was too focused on getting through his therapy sessions and I wasn't sure if he could handle the painful past that Blake reminded him of. My friends couldn't understand my reasons and I didn't feel comfortable sharing Tyler's personal life with them.

With deflated shoulders and a defeated sigh, Blake eventually gave into my plea to leave Tyler alone but Mona was persistent. She was going to get the two boys to talk if it was the last thing she ever did. I frowned and propped my head up using my elbows to support the weight. Couldn't there be another way she could make Blake happy?

"Buy him flowers?" I suggested.

Mona scoffed and gave me a chilling look.

"Seriously Ash?"

"Seriously." I replied, failing to notice the palm that came crashing down onto my forearm. "Mona!"

"If you don't have anything relevant to say then keep your mouth shut."

I stole a glance at the deep crease between her brows and sighed heavily.

"Listen, I get where you're coming from but we can't force them to talk."

Her deadpan expression made me wonder if this was as easy as she was making it out to be.

"Yeah, actually we can," Mona rolled her eyes and shook the keys in her pocket. "We just have to lure them out of class, keep one occupied and lead the other to the janitor's closet and then throw the other in there and lock the door. Simple."