Chapter 2

Please Stay With Me 

A May x Drew Fan Fiction

I do NOT own Pokemon, but I wish I did.

Please enjoy this Fan Fiction by Roar22 A.K.A. Ariana Allen

Chapter Two

May’s P.O.V.

May woke up the next morning and her first thought was “Should I tell Drew today?” May shook her head and got dressed before going downstairs. She sat down and ate breakfast.
“Morning sweetie.” her mom said smiling.
“Hey mom.” May said.
“You never said who won the battle yesterday.”
“Drew won. But he did say I got better. And he agreed to travel around Unova with me.” May said, smiling unconsciously.
“You seem happy about that.” her mom said giving her a knowing smile.
“What! No! Mom I-I I just wanted a friend to travel with!” May said blushing.
“Ok sweetie.” she said smirking.
“Mom. Really, I just- fine I like him as more than a friend. But don’t tell anyone! Especially Drew!” May pleaded.
“Don’t worry. My lips are sealed.”
“Thanks.”
Then May heard a knock on the door. May ran over and opened it, coming face to face with Drew.
“Hi Drew.”
“Hey May. Wanna go train for Unova? I’m sure we’ll need it if we wanna face each other in the finals.” He said.
“Sure, lemme go upstairs real quick though, ok?”
“Sure, we have all day.”

Drew’s P.O.V.

Drew had heard the end of the conversation. He had heard ‘Especially Drew’  and from there on.  
“Why don’t you come over and sit down? Would you like anything to eat or drink?” May’s mom asked.
“No thanks, Mrs. Maple.” Drew said.
“Well, I’ll make you guys lunch so you can make the most of the day and your training.”
“Thank you.”
Something is going on here. I just don’t know what. Drew thought as May ran down the stairs smiling.
“Hey.” she said.
“Hi. You ready?”
“Yeah.”
“Your mom said she was making lunch for us to take with us to make the most of the day and our training.” Drew said.
“Oh.” May said.
Is it just me or is she blushing? Drew thought raising an eyebrow.
“What is it Drew?” she said trying to cover her blush, making her blush more.
“Nothing.” he said.
As fun as it would be, I’m not gonna embarrass her more. It is kinda cute though. Drew thought smirking.
“Here’s some pizza slices from dinner last night. I also packed 2 bottles of water with them.” her mom said, handing them a plastic bag with two paper bags containing the food in them.
“Thanks Mom!” May said cheerfully before walking outside.

We walked a little ways to the beginning of the woods where May smiled at Drew.
“Why are you smiling?” he asked curiously.
“Um no reason. I’m just ready to become stronger than you by the end of the day!” May challenged confidently.
“Ha. Sure you’ll be stronger than me. I’m better than you at everything.”
“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?” May yelled, clenching her fists.
“Ha. Sure you’ll be stronger than me. I’m better than you at everything.” Drew repeated smirking.
‘She’s so cute when she’s raging.’ he thought.
“I didn’t mean for you to repeat it.” she muttered glaring in the opposite direction of Drew.
“Here, how about we have a battle at the end of the day to see who’s stronger, ok?” He asked.
“Alright!” May said smiling and running towards a big rock. “Blaziken, use rock smash and break it!” she yelled sending Blaziken out.
Blaziken hit it with a punch and the rock broke into pieces.
“Absol, use water pulse then cut through it with shadow claw!” Drew yelled sending Absol out.
Absol cut through the water with purple claws, turning the water an indigo color for a split second before breaking into sparkles.
“Now Beautifly, use silverwind then hit it with gust!” May yelled sending out Beautifly.
Beautifly hit the silverwind with a gust of wind and it spiraled the attack into a sparkling silver twister.
“Nice May.”
“Thanks Drew!”

May’s P.O.V.

As the sun began to set, Drew sent out Absol and Flygon against May’s Blaziken and Beautifly.
“Beautifly use silverwind on Absol, Blaziken use sky uppercut on Flygon!” May shouted.
“Absol dodge then use flamethrower on Beautifly! Flygon use steel wing on Blaziken!”
Absol jumped to the side then hit Beautifly, knocking it out. Blaziken jumped up and dodged the wings as Flygon crashed.
“Quick, Blaziken hit Flygon with sky uppercut then get out of range!” May ordered.
Blaziken hit Flygon then jumped away.
“Absol, razor wind! Flygon dragon breath!” Drew commanded.
The dragon breath hit the razor wind which hit Blaziken.
“Blaziken, use overheat!”
“Flygon dodge!”
Flygon was knocked out by the powerful flames.
“Blaziken, flamethrower!”
“Absol, thunder!”
The pokemon hit each other at the same time. Both collapsed falling to the ground.
“Well. You improved a lot more than I expected in one day. But I won’t let you win next time.” Drew said smiling.
“Thanks. What happened to being better than me at everything?” May asked smugly.
“I still knocked out one of your pokemon before you knocked out one of mine.” Drew said.
“Hmph. It still ended in a tie.”
Drew and May walked back to Petalburg together. Drew and May took turns telling each other where they could improve. May on her combinations and Drew on his speed.
“Drew…I um need to tell you something.” May said trying to work up her courage to tell him how she felt.
“Hm?” Drew asked.
“Thanks.” she said panicking at the last second “For the advice on battling.”
“No problem.” he said raising an eyebrow.
‘He doesn’t believe that’s all I needed to tell him.’  May thought, starting to blush.
Drew held out his hand to shake hers. May extended her hand and shook his.
“You were good today. Your advice on my speed was helpful, and I‘ll be sure to practice.”
“Thanks. You were great too. I’ll make some combinations for their attacks. I think Squirtle and Beautifly could make a pretty good bubble and silverwind combination.”
“We can practice again tomorrow if you want and try that out.” Drew said.
“Thanks Drew!” May said smiling.
May opened her door to go inside.
“Night Drew! See you tomorrow!” She said waving.
“See ya May.” Drew said waving.

May went upstairs and closed the door to her room. She smiled to herself thinking of how nice it was to spend the day with Drew alone and without any pressure from anything. ‘And he said I did a good job today. And I helped him with something instead of him helping me.’ May thought smiling. She dressed in her pajamas and fell asleep under the covers of her soft warm bed.

Hey guys! It’s Roar. I just wanted to thank you for reading and I’d like feedback and ideas that I could use later on in the fan fiction. Leave a comment or a vote if you liked it and I will see you later. Bye!