Chapter 21

~Drew's P.O.V.~

Drew woke up, sitting up and looking over to May's bed and finding that she was still asleep. He smiled and got out of bed, grabbing clothes and heading to the bathroom to take a shower and get dressed.

He walked out and saw that May was sitting on the bed, holding clothes in her arms. She walked to the bathroom and kissed his cheek before closing the door. Drew smiled and put his dirty clothes in a backpack before making his bed. 

The contest was in an hour and Drew wanted some time with May beforehand. He grabbed Roserade's and Flygon's pokeballs and stood up as May walked out of the bathroom and threw her pajamas into her backpack, grabbing her own pokeballs. 

May walked over next to Drew and hugged him,

"Good morning!" she said, smiling.

"Morning!" Drew said cheerfully, hugging her back.

"You ready to lose this contest?" May teased.

"I could ask you the same question." Drew laughed, kissing her.

May kissed him back, wrapping her arms around him. They pulled away and headed out to the city to look for a diner to eat breakfast. Drew interlaced his fingers with her's as they walked out of the Pokemon Center.

"So, do you trust me enough to tell me your plan?" Drew asked, smirking.

"I don't know if I'm ever going to trust you that much...." May joked.

"Right back at you." Drew laughed.

Drew and May leaned in and were about to kiss when a familiar voice interrupted.

"Hey lovebirds!"

"Please tell me it isn't him." Drew groaned.

"I won't lie to you, it's him." May sighed.

Harley walked over, smirking,

"I totally called it. I knew you guys would end up dating. And would you look at that, I was right! Get ready to lose this contest, because I fully intend to win." Harley said, smirking darkly and walking away again.

"What did I ever do to deserve needing to deal with that royal pain in the ass?" Drew wondered.

"Don't call him a royal pain, you'll feed his ego." May responded, sighing. 

"Let's just go eat." Drew suggested.

"Good idea. He was barely here for two minutes and he's managed to give me a headache." May joked.

Drew laughed and kissed her cheek before resuming their search for a diner. They quickly found a small cafe, and decided that it would work since it was close to the contest building. May ordered hot chocolate and a muffin, Drew getting the the same for himself. They found a table for two near a window and sat down, listening to music and talking.

After they ate, they headed to the contest building and got ready for the appeal rounds. Harley would be first. May would be going second. Drew right after May.

Harley went on stage with Cacturne for the appeals. Drew kissed May and whispered, "Good luck."

"Thanks." May murmured, heading out as Harley walked back. 

Drew watched what May was doing, rooting for her and her pokemon.

"Alright Glaceon, shadow ball into the air then freeze it with ice beam!" May commanded, throwing the pokeball. 

Glaceon came out of the pokeball and fired a shadow ball into the air before freezing it with ice beam.

"Jump and use iron tail then mirror coat!" May shouted. 

Glaceon jumped up and met the frozen ball halfway, obliterating it with iron tail. Glaceon landed on it's feet, glowing from mirror coat as the light blue and purple sparkles fell around it. May bowed and Glaceon dipped its head as the crowd began cheering for May. 

Arceus, she's beautiful. She didn't even mean to be showered in those, but she was anyway, and she looks beautiful. Drew thought, smiling.

Now it was his turn. He walked on stage and calmly called on Roserade.

"Jump and spin while using razor leaf!" Drew called.

Roserade followed orders and jumped as high as possible while twirling and using razor leaf.

"Now petal dance!" Drew commanded.

Roserade landed gracefully, twirling on the way down so petals and leaves fell around it.

"Sunny Day!"

Roserade took a bow just as it made the sun come out and shine down on it like a spotlight, leaves and petals falling around it.

"Great job Roserade!" Drew said, bowing and walking offstage with his pokemon.

He met May and threw his arms around her,

"You were pretty good May!" he said. 

"You too Drew!" She said cheerfully, kissing him.

Drew cupped her cheek and kissed her lovingly.

"Love you and good luck in the battle rounds." he said, smiling.

"Love you too and good luck Drew." May responded, beaming.

Sorry this chapter took so long! D: I kept writing little bits of it at a time then getting distracted.... Anyway, I hope you forgive me for the wait and that you liked the chapter! Have a great day! Bye!~

~Roar22~