Lovefool

Teagan

    I was busy listening to music as I was cycling my heart away. The burn in my legs was creeping up my thighs to my waist. Loud trap music was playing in my ears as I had my earphones plugged up to the audiojack in the machine. I looked outside and got lost into my own beat until I saw someone sit down on the other bike next to me and began working. I glanced over and saw Dr. Romanov sitting there working. He had on only a pair of shorts and a tight fitting shirt. After my ten miles for the day, I stood up and rubbed the sweat off of my face with a towel. I realized we were the only ones in the gym. It was considerably late...

    I tapped his shoulder and he glanced over at me, still cycling. "What?" He asked. "You following me?" I asked. Dr. Romanov looked at me and stopped. He laughed, hard. "Honey, I don't care. I'm here to get my workout and let some stress out, but now if you want me to follow you.." I rolled my eyes. "I thought you were supposed to be helping me. You know, get my life on track and shit like that." Dr. Romanov frowned as he paused to get a sip of water.

    "I am, but right now I'm not Dr. Romanov. I'm just Michael,the guy who needs to get his workout in before the day is out. Now if you excuse me." Dr. Romanov went back to cycling on the machine, leaving me there in silence. I rolled my eyes as I walked out the gym. I walked to the self-serve smoothie area and began to make it. I knew there was no point in trying anything dumb. Every hall was monitored by cameras, being bold wasn't worth it.

    "Can I make one with you?" I jumped at the voice. In the midst of my wandering thoughts, I didn't realize Dr. Romanov had followed me to the area. "Sure. I don't care." I pulled my hair up as I took the already cut fruit and put it in the blender. (No knives around here honey...)

    We worked together in silence as I poured a teaspoon of cane sugar into and turned it on. I sat on the counter as I waited patiently. Dr. Romanov was allowed to use knives and the utensils since he had a key to the cabinet. He added mangos to his and cut the blender on as well. "Are you enjoying your stay here at Refreshing Waters?" Dr. Romanov asked. I rolled my eyes as I chewed on my bottom lip. "Don't do that," he suddenly commanded. I frowned. "Why not?" "Chewing your lips can dry them not easy and no one wants to kiss dry lips." I rolled my eyes. I hurriedly grabbed my smoothie and poured it into my bottle.

    "So how long have you been here seducing patients and making it hard to recover?" I asked blatantly. He frowned as he crossed his arms. The look on his face made me shift poses. I felt like I was being examined under a microscope.

    "Are you single?" I asked. I needed to make conversation somehow.

    "Very. You?"

    "Extremely."

He chuckled as he grabbed his smoothie. "Need me to escort you back to your room?" I shook my head as I patted the sweat from my brow. "I'm an adult I can do that." "Too bad, I have to anyways because it's after hours." I rolled my eyes as we began to walk out. We walked down the hall and up the stairs to my room. As a grabbed my key out of my pocket, I glanced over my shoulder. Romanov was leaning against the wall watching my every move. I dropped my key and cursed. "I got it," he whispered. He placed his hand on my waist as he scooted me out of the way.

    "Goodnight," he whispered softly as my door swung open. "Thanks. See you tomorrow." Romanov nodded. "Of course. As usual. Don't be late this time, Lee. My patience only last so long." I turned to face my doctor and he had a mischievous smile. "Don't smile like that...it's creepy." Romanov chuckled. "Sorry, just trying to be nice." I rolled my eyes. "Sureeeeee. Goodnight Doc."

    I closed my door and felt a warm feeling developing in the pit of my stomach. I shook it off. "Not about to have that happen."

Michael

I sat on the edge of my bed and rubbed my eyes. "You're making a mistake." I jumped as I saw Annalise leaning against my door. "What are you talking about?" I saw the shadows of her face turn into a frown. "Don't fall in love with this girl. She isn't Maya and she never will be." I flinched at that name. "Don't you mention her." Annalise sighed. "I just don't want you to make a mistake..I care about you and you're a damn good doctor but don't be a dumbass." I sighed. "I'm not in love with anyone. Only my work. You and I both know that." Annalise nodded as she opened the door to leave.

The door closed and I sat there in silence. I laid down and stared into the darkness. I remembered Maya and the way her presence filled the facility. I missed her...more than any of my other patients that I treated and see leave. I couldn't help but feel some sort of emptiness.

"Shake it off Michael...you have work to do..."