Don't Hurt me

Maya's Point of View:

My body starts shaking, I was sitting at the table waiting for my meal but all I saw was my dad coming towards me with a bottle of beer. He looks at me with his cold gaze and sick smirk and says "YOU LITTLE BRAT, YOU FUCKING RAN AWAY YOU SLUT. COME HERE BEFORE I MAKE YOU!" Tears run down my face. My body feels paralyzed and my tears run faster, and faster. Demi stands up yelling "You have no right to talk to a child that way!" My dad says "Ha, you think she's special that little slut will learn her lesson soon enough!" My dad pulls me off my seat. I push him away and before Demi could say anything he punched my right in the face and I collapsed straight down on the floor..

Demi's Point of View:

Everyone is staring. "I SWEAR IF YOU HURT HER AGAIN.." but at that moment, security rushes in and asks if there's a problem. I said "Yes their is sir, He just punched his daughter in the face." Maya's still on the floor, and I bend down and pick her up gently. She clings to me looking terrified. Maya has tears falling down her face, her petite body trembles in my arms.. "Don't let go" Maya whispered. "I won't Maya, it's going to be okay, I'm here," I whisper to her. She puts her head on my shoulder and says i'm done..."Listen, it's going to be okay," I soothe, wrapping my arms protectively around her. Tears rush down Maya's face saying "I've thought that for years and I lost hope.."

"Don't give up, you have to stay strong," I tell her calmly. We watch as security grabs Maya's father and ushers him out of the restaurant. He's yelling and trying to wrestle his way out. I can't believe that he would try to hurt this little girl, I won't let anyone hurt her again. "Demi?" Maya whispers."Yes?" I ask looking down in her bright blue eyes. Maya asks "Why do I feel like this world hates me?" I bend down to her level and place my hands on her shoulders. "Because nobody has treated you with the respect and care that you deserve, Maya. But guess what? I don't hate you." Maya said "Then I don't respect myself either.. I've tried to hurt myself more than others have..."

My heart breaks. And I understand the pain that she is feeling. "Maya let me tell you something," I say. "My father hurt me too emotionally and a physically a couple of times, I haven't gone through as much as you, but I used to harm myself in so many ways, and I wish someone had told me that that I'm worthy and important to them. So I'm going to tell you that you are important to me, and I want you to come stay with me." Maya hugs me tighter than anyone has in their life, she says "Why would you care Demi, why?!" I smile and exclaim, "Of course I care! You are loved, Maya." And we walk out of the restaurant into my car, and I drive her to my home. I will dedicate my life to helping her and making her feel loved and safe. It's what I'm here for.